Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 521
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laladiel View Post
perhaps another way to unlock it would be sort of how most games have an epic quest for each class.perhaps they can put together a long multi-tiered mission sort of like a few "to be continued" missions back to back for the end game and as a reward for the last part, you get a chance to buy the galaxy x class ship from a shipyard.
Good idea as well, IMHO.

- A veteran reward (already in the OP)
- A C-Store item (already in the OP)
- A Memory Alpha "ship design" that can be built using the new/improved crafting system (should be added to the OP)
- An epic ship quest (should be added to the OP)

However, if you make this ship into an uber quest reward, then you still need to solve the problem of "what will the RAF offer, then?" Like:

Quote:
For each person you recruit:

- C-Store Points
- Free Game Time [Edit: If you are a lifer already, you should get something else, perhaps additional C-Store Points over an above what a non-lifer gets...just an idea]

Then...

- For recruiting 5 people: In-game title and "item" (like a ship skin or that cannon everybody is going on about)
- For recruiting 10 people: An in-game title and "mount" and/or "item" (like snazzy shuttle with ST: The Final Frontier "rocket boots" (i.e., the ones Spock wore)
Not saying the above is the best solution, but it's an alternative.
Lt. Commander
# 522
05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
When a Constitution confronts a Galaxy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpDhIr7i5Go
Lt. Commander
# 523
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Keep your Galaxy X... All I want is for the model designer to put the arboretum windows back on my regular Galaxy... -__-
Lt. Commander
# 524 Cryptic, please pay attention.
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Please do NOT ever make the following quoted Starship as difficult to get as you have made the Galaxy-X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Starship & Shuttlecraft (Multi Vote Here, some players would also like to see this artwork used):
Allow us to REFIT our Starships instead, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 525
05-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
If it was my game I would back date for this, however I've heard no official word from Cryptic on this one. A good question. Unfortunately, my gut tells me the answer is going to be "No."
Yep the answer is indeed, "No." Not surprising.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155365
Lt. Commander
# 526
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
You know, the ship was in one episode out of 28 seasons and 11 movies spanning 43 years, and only appeared for a couple of minutes in that episode. It's not exactly an iconic ship.
Far more iconic than...well, everything else in the game, save the series 'Star' ships (Intrpeid, Galaxy, Defiant, Constitution, Sovereign). And maybe the Miranda.
Lt. Commander
# 527
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
Yep the answer is indeed, "No." Not surprising.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155365
Oh, wow.

I don't say this a lot, but... Epic Fail. I really feel for the people who went out of their way to get folks to join the game before now.

ETA: I'm going to go find a bunker, now.
Lt. Commander
# 528
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Hey All,

The referral program only applies to referrals that are conducted through the new referral technology we have set up. I apologize that, due to technical limitations, we are unable to provide retroactive referral bonuses for any referrals that occurred outside of this system.

-Destra
EPIC FAIL!!! x2
Lt. Commander
# 529
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Oh, wow.

I don't say this a lot, but... Epic Fail. I really feel for the people who went out of their way to get folks to join the game before now.
Figures, Cryptic doesn't surprise me much anymore, with the stuff they do from time to time. LOL

Oh my, not even Friday yet. Hmmmm wonder what they will cook up then?
Lt. Commander
# 530
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Oh, wow.

ETA: I'm going to go find a bunker, now.
Heh. To be fair though, I don't know of any MMO that ever retroactively gave you recruit-a-friend
credit for handing out your buddy keys. Maybe somebody out there has, but I can't think of any. Which is why I'm not surprised the answer was "No."
Closed Thread