Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
V'GER is the next playable faction!!!!

:p
DEV UNIT! You are not supposed to be revealing this!
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Its my secret plan to force a sector space revamp - if V'Ger faction player ships are 2 AU - they all can't fit in a single sector :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Its my secret plan to force a sector space revamp - if V'Ger faction player ships are 2 AU - they all can't fit in a single sector :p
Enjoying a good laugh while the playerbase claws at each other because of your ill advised decisions, are we?

Ha ha ha.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That may be true, but why let that stop a righteous good rant on the forums? I mean really. So what if Cryptic says that they agree, Klingons need more development? So what if they say they are going to add more content. More uniforms stuffs. More PVE. Actual story content. Some more ships. None of that matters. Cryptic ... the horrible horrible people that they are ... took a moment to poll its forum-goers to find out what other faction they would be interested in. And because they did this ... they deserve to be slammed hard for gathering information.

My Klingon is incomplete! HOW DARE THEY THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!

Despite Cryptic's empty words that they will flesh out the Klingons, the KDF was woefully left incomplete at release, woefully left incomplete now, and looking ahead on the calendar, engineering reports, whatever it is they plan on implementing soon... the KDF will be left incomplete in the future.

They have goons spouting how much they like the Klingons and their background in Star Trek, but really, the amount of "love" they have of the faction can be seen in the game when it went live and what it stands at now. NOTHING. Four months after going live, there still isn't much to do for the Klingons in our oh-so-expansive world of 1.5 Sector Blocks. The PvE is ridiculously small (STILL) and the only real alternative to move up or do stuff is PvP. I like to PvP but jeez... I can only do so much PvP before even that gets old.

Again, going by Cryptic's track record for this game and the KDF, and going by what they themselves "say" they're going to do, it's not going to be good for the Klingons.

And that means the Romulans and whatever later factions will be that much worse off whenever they are implemented. If Cryptic refuses to make the 2nd faction ever introduced, the Klingons, to be up to par to the Federation's gameplay, what makes you think they'll do much for the Romulan and later factions?
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Good one dstahl.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Slightly off topic, personally I think the Klingons whine way to much to be Klingons.

"We have no PVE storys"... /cry

We're Klingons, act like it. Go shoot something.

Agreed, I've even encountered Klingons who whine when they're pwned by a Fed science officer in pvp, just because I had the gall to use my abilities to keep them locked down and disabled.

Or when they group up 5 or 6 on one, rather than fight with honor, one on one.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Enjoying a good laugh while the playerbase claws at each other because of your ill advised decisions, are we?

Ha ha ha.
Oh no.. is this about the Galaxy X? I'm assuming yes...

Well... if its any consolation... I've made a huge stink about the Galaxy X threads in internal meetings and have even talked directly to the the CEO John personally about it and for now it remains an exclusive reward for the challenging task of recruiting 5 friends.

From talking personally with the ship designer - I've been trying to express that other similar ships are intended to become available in game as part of the next "tier" unlock at level 51. (considering you get ships at each rank - the plan would be that there is a new set of ships coming whenever they raise the cap to the next tier)

And honestly - person to person - if I didn't have a few laughs while reading these boards - I'd be super depressed from reading some of the anger people direct at the STO team's work. I understand - but agree I should be more serious sometimes
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
Despite Cryptic's empty words that they will flesh out the Klingons, the KDF was woefully left incomplete at release, woefully left incomplete now, and looking ahead on the calendar, engineering reports, whatever it is they plan on implementing soon... the KDF will be left incomplete in the future.

They have goons spouting how much they like the Klingons and their background in Star Trek, but really, the amount of "love" they have of the faction can be seen in the game when it went live and what it stands at now. NOTHING. Four months after going live, there still isn't much to do for the Klingons in our oh-so-expansive world of 1.5 Sector Blocks. The PvE is ridiculously small (STILL) and the only real alternative to move up or do stuff is PvP. I like to PvP but jeez... I can only do so much PvP before even that gets old.

Again, going by Cryptic's track record for this game and the KDF, and going by what they themselves "say" they're going to do, it's not going to be good for the Klingons.

And that means the Romulans and whatever later factions will be that much worse off whenever they are implemented. If Cryptic refuses to make the 2nd faction ever introduced, the Klingons, to be up to par to the Federation's gameplay, what makes you think they'll do much for the Romulan and later factions?
Woefully incomplete?

This is the entirety of Star Trek Online content:

PVP missions.
Story arc missions.
Exploration missions.
Deep Space Encounters.
Patrol Missions.
Fleet Actions.
Special Task Forces.

That's all Federation has.

All that Klingons are currently missing are Story arcs and Patrols.

They do not have Aid the Planet missions. Then again, most feds do not have them now. And skipped them before.

They also do not have crafting. Then again, most feds skip crafting because it's broken.

I think your hyperbole is a far larger problem then Cryptic's slow development schedule.

Klingons are missing a couple of key things (namely story arc missions).

But that's not woefully incomplete.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:

Well... if its any consolation... I've made a huge stink about the Galaxy X threads in internal meetings and have even talked directly to the the CEO John personally about it and for now it remains an exclusive reward for the challenging task of recruiting 5 friends.

From talking personally with the ship designer - I've been trying to express that other similar ships are intended to become available in game as part of the next "tier" unlock at level 51. (considering you get ships at each rank - the plan would be that there is a new set of ships coming whenever they raise the cap to the next tier)

And honestly - person to person - if I didn't have a few laughs while reading these boards - I'd be super depressed from reading some of the anger people direct at the STO team's work. I understand - but agree I should be more serious sometimes
wait, when are we going to be able to get to level 51? is there going to be new item levels? Mk XI and XII for example?
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:

Well... if its any consolation... I've made a huge stink about the Galaxy X threads in internal meetings and have eve talked directly to the the CEO John personally about it and for now it remains an exclusive reward for the challenging task of recruiting 5 friends.

Alright that was uncalled for and it irritates me so much that I'm yelling at people right and left, so I apologise.
I appreciate the concise response however, and don't mind my mood.

And yeah I did find the V'Ger crack funny.