Lt. Commander
The day the Mirror Universe uniform for girls went into the game was the day my character became the Most Popular Girl in Class. I cannot go into a team without someone asking me how I got it. Everyone covets it. I am more envied now, in this fictional universe, than I have ever been in life.

I know it is only a matter of time before you Cryptic folks decide to put the uniform on the C-Store, and I am resolved to that day, but I have to tell you right now that when that day comes I will cry. I will be like the guy in school who has the cool car, the day after that car is wrapped around a telephone pole.

Please, please, please, for my own self-esteem and to preserve the incredible fun I have with this uniform, put off listing it on the C-Store for as long as possible. I know, it will bring you warp cores full of $$, but I implore you.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Comics
The day the Mirror Universe uniform for girls went into the game was the day my character became the Most Popular Girl in Class. I cannot go into a team without someone asking me how I got it. Everyone covets it. I am more envied now, in this fictional universe, than I have ever been in life.

I know it is only a matter of time before you Cryptic folks decide to put the uniform on the C-Store, and I am resolved to that day, but I have to tell you right now that when that day comes I will cry. I will be like the guy in school who has the cool car, the day after that car is wrapped around a telephone pole.

Please, please, please, for my own self-esteem and to preserve the incredible fun I have with this uniform, put off listing it on the C-Store for as long as possible. I know, it will bring you warp cores full of $$, but I implore you.

That is all.
Put it in the c-store as soon as possible please. Not many people knew about the champions online coming with a MU if you did a lifetime subscription. Considering that's a different game and it was just a little bonus, I'd like to see this in the c-store for everyone else, even if a variant not the same as the ones the CO Lifetimers got so there is no whining. (EDIT: Noting that this is opinion, this is what I would like.)

Then again, I paid $60 extra for my DDE to get the TOS uniform after I got the game and a month later you guys were giving the uniform away for free. So just hurry up and please put the MU uniform in the c-store so you can get 10000s of peoples money. (EDIT: Noting this is an opinion and a suggestion to get it out ASAP)

EDIT: No text was changed, just noting, that this was all opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I wish that the would keep the preorder offers unique. All though I didn't have the TOS uniform, I felt sorry for the people who got it through preorder when I was able to get it off the web. I have no preorder bonus or the CO lifetime award. I preordered from Atari to get the extra C-store credits. Part of me would like to see these added, but most of me says if I were the people who preordered, I wouldn't like it. Even more so for the Mirror Universe uniform. NEVER put that on the C-store. Those people should stay unique. They are the people who are either loyal to Cryptic, or just have more money then brains. Either way, don't put the mirror universe uniform in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turak View Post
I wish that the would keep the preorder offers unique. All though I didn't have the TOS uniform, I felt sorry for the people who got it through preorder when I was able to get it off the web. I have no preorder bonus or the CO lifetime award. I preordered from Atari to get the extra C-store credits. Part of me would like to see these added, but most of me says if I were the people who preordered, I wouldn't like it. Even more so for the Mirror Universe uniform. NEVER put that on the C-store. Those people should stay unique. They are the people who are either loyal to Cryptic, or just have more money then brains. Either way, don't put the mirror universe uniform in the C-store.
They bought a lifetime subscription to a game and got a ton of bonuses, they got what they paid for.

Cryptic has already set the standard for 'exclusive' 'special' etc.. It means, subject to be given away, repackaged or put on the C-store at a later date. I don't have a problem with this, I've already been burned once and I see no reason why the standard that was set with the TOS Uniforms cannot be maintained.

It's just like the lifetime stuff, such as Captain's table being put into the Veteran's rewards. The Mirror Universe uniforms or some variant of, will probably bring them in more cash via c-store points then anything else. In fact, uniforms of any kind, would probably sell well in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I guess I can handle MU uniforms being held off the C-store for a while....but the early TNG and DS9 uniforms should be added to the accolade system or C-store within the next couple months.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
They bought a lifetime subscription to a game and got a ton of bonuses, they got what they paid for.

Cryptic has already set the standard for 'exclusive' 'special' etc.. It means, subject to be given away, repackaged or put on the C-store at a later date. I don't have a problem with this, I've already been burned once and I see no reason why the standard that was set with the TOS Uniforms cannot be maintained.

It's just like the lifetime stuff, such as Captain's table being put into the Veteran's rewards. The Mirror Universe uniforms or some variant of, will probably bring them in more cash via c-store points then anything else. In fact, uniforms of any kind, would probably sell well in the c-store.
Sorry but incorrect. When the Mirror Universe deal came up, Cryptic said it would be the only way to get the uniform. Only way. Not some vaguely worded 'exclusive.' The Only way.

To get on that deal you had to buy a lifetime subscription to a buggy and incomplete game to get a reward in a game no one had seen yet. Based on their wording, many people shelled out $300 just to get those uniforms. Champions certainly wasn't worth it at the time.

And even after shelling out that money, the uniforms weren't in months later at STOs launch. We paid for them over 6 months ago and had them for less than a week. It would be the proverbial slap in the face (hate that cliche, but its true) if they put it in the C-Store for a few dollars after making people pay Hundreds for it.

What would be a fair compromise would be putting it as a veteran reward after the 16 month mark. That would mean that either method of getting the Uniform would involve a similar level of financial commitment to Cryptic. That would be the fairest method to let others have it without abusing the customers who showed the greatest leap of faith.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't think they've put a single uniform into the C-Store have they?

Off-Duty unis were free.

Mirror are Champs LTS.

TOS were from some of the game variants. And that magazine promo.

TNG and DS9 were Collector's Edition.

Khan was a DVD promotion.

Lifers get the special insignia.

The Tmarian thing was given out free.

Am I missing anything?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I don't think they've put a single uniform into the C-Store have they?
No they havent actually. Rather surprising when you consider Champions is nearly all costumes in the C-Store. Not counting 'Ship Costumes', of course.

Really though, if they are going to add them to the C-Store the smartest plan would be completely new sets that no one has. Then they could make money off everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Not counting 'Ship Costumes', of course.
Now that's an interesting point. I don't count them. But I could see how some people would count those.

Quote:
Really though, if they are going to add them to the C-Store the smartest plan would be completely new sets that no one has. Then they could make money off everyone.
True. I believe there's another thread in this brand new forum suggesting Cryptic add the All Good Things Future Anti-Time uniforms. That would be a good test run for a C-Store uni.

Or maybe Yesterday's Enterprise variant uni?

Or ... dare I wish it ... The Motion Picture unis?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
C-store C-store C-store !!! more $$$$ more terran propoganda!!!