Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
05-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Speaking as someone who's worked retail, I can tell you that there is a fine line between being a customer with a complaint, and a screaming, entitled lunatic who treats each and every inconvenience like the Battle of Armageddon and who actively works to prevent people from addressing his complaint by being so loud and demanding.

I'm by no means capable of pointing out where that line is for this community, but I think it may have been crossed once or twice.
I am afraid you are wrong on all accounts here. Reading a harsh message on the forum is hardly tough or demanding from a customer service perspective. I have Blue Danube playing while I nerdrage and it works wonders. Point is they dont read anything the have not provoked first. From empty promises to outright money grabs, their response and handle of those complaints, is what escalated the situation to lunatic levels.

If you are working for retail (not being sarcastic just invoking your experience here)l then you know that you need to be seen considering the complaint from your customers, and try to offer options and compromises to rectify the situation. From a burger joint that will offer you a free drink to a corporation that will try to settle its way out, the customer is NEVER ignored and termed a rioter in a patronising attempt to downplay any concerns raised.

Cryptic has been acting like a dictaroship, distracting public opinion, censoring those with strong indications of their claims and outright allow Devs to be make sarcastic comments that devaluate anything that does not agree with them by dismissing them as whine. I am not oblivious that other games had similar issues. I played WOW and other games for a VERY long time and have been quite active on forums. This situation is an absolute first. Not because of the nature of the complaints, but the awful way the were handled.

There is still good in them for sure. rom the engineering reports to the appearance of GM in game to chat to (which I was very impressed with) but Darth Cryptic needs to throw the Atari Emperor down the shaft already and make them see that the game will be succesful if they try LESS to sell and more to improve on it. At this point my sub gives me nothing unless I want to pay extra to try a different skin which will add another full 5min to my already quick daily runs before I log back out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Again, I hope that Cryptic realizes that no one would bother posting, or making long-winded tirades if they didn't have feelings for STO.

Most of the people who're angry are fans who feel they've been cheated out of the Star Trek experience they dreamed of. Fact is that no matter what Star Trek Online was, people were always going to be upset about it, because nothing can ever match up to what you dream of.

I just hope that Cryptic keeps on keeping on, because as much as there is wrong with STO, it's the only Star Trek MMO we've got. Chances are that it will forever be the only one we've got, and that is something that I think is worth fighting for.

So no, don't stop complaining, but maybe take a breather once in a while to compliment Cryptic on something they've done that you do like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
05-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I am only asking that we stop and look at the situation.
Situation: the U.S.S. STO launched on one quarter impulse power and has been sputtering along at roughly that same speed every since. Warp drive is offline, sensors are offline, shields are maxed out at 3.2%, the transporters produce evil twins of anyone trying to use them, and the only thing the replicators can replicate is low-fat gagh.

Chief Engineer: Maybe if we fix the turbolift doors--

Captain: Belay that! Let's add racing stripes! Oh, and hang some raccoon tails from the deflector dish!

Crew: Mutiny! Mutiny! Mutiny! Abandon ship! (Except for Crewman Green, who is excited about the new salt shakers promised in the next refit.)

Starfleet: We do NOT approve of those salt shakers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Cryptic has been acting like a dictaroship....
I stopped reading right there. Cryptic Studios is a business, not a government. The comparison to a dictatorship does not stand for that one simple reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
05-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I personally think we all need to check in the Che' Nuts House for even being bothered by this RAF promotion.
If it never really caught on in popularity then the "X"class galaxy would eventually make it to the C-store anyways and all the complaining will be for nothing but to hear our gums flaps and the important sounds of our voices.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
05-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
I stopped reading right there. Cryptic Studios is a business, not a government. The comparison to a dictatorship does not stand for that one simple reason.
That is equally your problem and Cryptics. You do not read in full.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
05-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I personally think we all need to check in the Che' Nuts House for even being bothered by this RAF promotion.
If it never really caught on in popularity then the "X"class galaxy would eventually make it to the C-store anyways and all the complaining will be for nothing but to hear our gums flaps and the important sounds of our voices.
They could offer 2k Cryptic points per referred individual, an IRL pony with care and feeding, and the Galaxy-X skin for all I care. It's the unique mechanical aspects being attributed to the ship that bother me from a broad perspective on the future of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
05-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I agree with you to a point. I agree we should not be quiet when there is an issue that effects us. I am not faulting us for being upset. Like Dublin said, they knew many people wanted that ship. Which, I feel is the reason they put it in the referral program. Logically it makes sense. I don't necessarily like it too much but I can see the reasoning.

However, we should consider that there is the possibility that there are those on the other side who don't like the situation either.
Quite frankly, I doubt I could care less what the staff at Cryptic wants or how they feel about any of the poor choices they have made as a company. I'm the customer. I pay. I'm right. Period.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
05-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mayhem
Situation: the U.S.S. STO launched on one quarter impulse power and has been sputtering along at roughly that same speed every since. Warp drive is offline, sensors are offline, shields are maxed out at 3.2%, the transporters produce evil twins of anyone trying to use them, and the only thing the replicators can replicate is low-fat gagh.

Chief Engineer: Maybe if we fix the turbolift doors--

Captain: Belay that! Let's add racing stripes! Oh, and hang some raccoon tails from the deflector dish!

Crew: Mutiny! Mutiny! Mutiny! Abandon ship! (Except for Crewman Green, who is excited about the new salt shakers promised in the next refit.)

Starfleet: We do NOT approve of those salt shakers.
LOL! Hmm I think this might be my new signature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
05-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I personally think we all need to check in the Che' Nuts House for even being bothered by this RAF promotion.
If it never really caught on in popularity then the "X"class galaxy would eventually make it to the C-store anyways and all the complaining will be for nothing but to hear our gums flaps and the important sounds of our voices.
Why should we have to pay Cryptic another $5.00 or $10.00 or whatever to be able to buy a ship that gives us an advantage over other players in-game when we've already bought the box and already pay sub fees?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 AM.