Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
from my perspective it was ok to voice opinion over the referral program - and it was discussed several times in executive meetings and it was felt that the reward was worthy of the challenging task. We realize it isn't a cake-walk to recruit 5 friends, which is why the reward was asked to be cool.

And as I've stated elsewhere - the program is really intended for players who are enjoying the game and having fun and want to share their love of the game with their friends. If that isn't you, then the program really isn't designed for you. I don't think it does anyone any good (including the community) to bring people into the game who really don't want to play it in the first place - or to purchase their own subs just to get a reward - it doesn't help the game to do that. What helps the game is finding more people who do enjoy and want to play the game. I know its hard to gather from reading these boards sometimes, but there are quite a few people who do enjoy and love this game.

/snip...


Is the Galaxy X only going to be available via referral? Probably because that is what it was designed for - but who knows... things can always change.
confirmed. sort of. Maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
It's not as ridiculous as it seems, just remember how many copies of the game some people bought just so they could get all those extra goodies. Heck i bought 2 and was tempted to up that to 3. As it is i'll likely get a third now and give it to my bro along with an extra month sub just for that tribble and boff (not interested in the galaxy x).

we're trekkies, we've spent thousands on the dvd's, five copies of sto is chump change in comparison. To us, 'ridiculous' needs a whole new measuring stick. :p
lol true true, if you know what your doing and jump in eyes wide open, more power to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
There's a good chance his "don't be ridiculous" post was irony. And a good chance he plans to do exactly that. And is why he's asking the question he's asking in the first place. Because he'd rather get it some other way.
Just another way for Cryptic to reattach itself to a lifers Credit Card.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrat View Post
Just another way for Cryptic to reattach itself to a lifers Credit Card.
That's just nonsense. Lifers are still able to and do buy items from the C-Store and will more than likely purchase future expansion packs as they are released. Just because they will not be paying a monthly fee does not mean they are not contributing funds to the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
That's just nonsense. Lifers are still able to and do buy items from the C-Store and will more than likely purchase future expansion packs as they are released. Just because they will not be paying a monthly fee does not mean they are not contributing funds to the game.
of course its nonsense because i never suggested lifers DIDNT use the cstore, just this was "another" way for Cryptic to get ppl to spend more money in the game. You do know what another means? that means there has to be a first.

You really need to stop wih making things up and then use that as a basis of your argument. Makes you look really intellectually lazy and disingenuous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
It's not as ridiculous as it seems, just remember how many copies of the game some people bought just so they could get all those extra goodies. Heck i bought 2 and was tempted to up that to 3. As it is i'll likely get a third now and give it to my bro along with an extra month sub just for that tribble and boff (not interested in the galaxy x).

we're trekkies, we've spent thousands on the dvd's, five copies of sto is chump change in comparison. To us, 'ridiculous' needs a whole new measuring stick. :p
Ridiculous?

Not really. I have a friend of mine who play's eve-online, has six accounts all on DIFFERENT credit cards (dunno how he PAYS for that, nor WHY he has different cards, he just does) and he get's by just fine.

This is why it was STUPID for the upper-management to give an exclusive ship to the referral program, as there will be people who will refer non-existant friends to the game and then those accounts will promptly close down after a month or two.

Trust me, players are not stupid, if they want to they'll find a way to get what they want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
Ridiculous?

Not really. I have a friend of mine who play's eve-online, has six accounts all on DIFFERENT credit cards (dunno how he PAYS for that, nor WHY he has different cards, he just does) and he get's by just fine.

This is why it was STUPID for the upper-management to give an exclusive ship to the referral program, as there will be people who will refer non-existant friends to the game and then those accounts will promptly close down after a month or two.

Trust me, players are not stupid, if they want to they'll find a way to get what they want.
See a great game makes you want to buy more characters on your own. O had 4 SWG active accounts at one point. No gimmick made me buy them, no trick, no new marketing strategy. You know what did it, SWG before NGE CU was just great.

A great game SELLS itself. That is the one and ONLY lesson Cryptic needs to follow and drop all these shameless smoke and mirrors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm moving this thread to the more appropriate C-Store and Promotional Items feedback subforum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
...If I went to the trouble of refering 5 friends, I'd want my reward to remain exclusive...
Remember the TOS uniforms? Remember how they were 'exclusive' to the Deluxe Digital Edition of the game?

Free now.

Even if a Dev said they will remain exclusive, learn from history. Atari could pull some hyjinx, Cryptic can change their minds, new devs can ignore previous decisions... things change. Anything is possible and even Dev comfirmation doesn't mean their information is permanent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-10-2010, 07:54 AM
im recruiting ppl but if the ship gets changed to something else il be a bit disheartened. im not too fussed about it but it will just be another cryptic FU to all us who want to stick with the game. e.g. lifers and those like me who bought more than 1 copy of the game for the items.

also any images of these items in game liek the tribble and bo?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 AM.