Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Thanks for bringing up the KDF perspective. I have not played the KDF side... been waiting for what you mentioned to get added first
Yup, the Klingons have very little compared to what Fed players have. Cryptic is still behind in delivering on promises they made a year ago. An interview from the summer of 2009 has their CCO, Jack, stating that STO will have "full PvE content for both Federation and Klingon" factions (paraphrased, might not be exact words in that order, but that's what he said).

Hence many Klingon-only players left, and the ones still around are still sore about it (rightfully so too). They only have random exploration missions and the STFs for PvE content. I log onto my Klingon once in a while, but leveling up is a boring grind.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I still think that what happened was they were focused on creating a lot of content in a short amount of time. Dshal even seemed proud to say that STO created 80 hours of content in 12 months time. Unfortunately, we discovered that this was 95% Fed and largely rinse and wash.

If they had focused on more on personal ship customization (exteriors and interiors), less amount of content and better exploration content, an actual crafting system, and other unique trophies and rewards at the beginning, we would have a returning fanbase. As it stands, we know Cryptic is focusing on inteirors and trophies... they are "updating" memory alpha in the right direction. I have hopes it is not too late, but they appear to realize they need this.

Supposedly season 2 will bring more PVE for KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I support the idea of allowing us to win Cryptic Points. But if they don't allow it in CO, don't hold your breath...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
I still think that what happened was they were focused on creating a lot of content in a short amount of time. Dshal even seemed proud to say that STO created 80 hours of content in 12 months time. Unfortunately, we discovered that this was 95% Fed and largely rinse and wash.
Very true.

Quote:
Supposedly season 2 will bring more PVE for KDF.
Season 2 is supposed to be very content heavy and add a lot for Klingon PvE as well. Now if I could only bring myself to trust Cryptic when they make promises.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
I like your idea. Possibly add access as a Vet Reward? Or make this exclusive to vet rewards?
Could be as a Vet reward yes as either 300 or 400 days would prob be acceptable to know how things work etc, but as an exclusive offer prob not so much as there should always be more then 1 way to get something.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-San
Could be as a Vet reward yes as either 300 or 400 days would prob be acceptable to know how things work etc, but as an exclusive offer prob not so much as there should always be more then 1 way to get something.
I'm curious.. why should there always be more than 1 way of getting something? If the purpose is to be exclusive, then adding more ways to get this "exclusive" reward would be rendering the reward as something that is NOT exclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
I'm curious.. why should there always be more than 1 way of getting something? If the purpose is to be exclusive, then adding more ways to get this "exclusive" reward would be rendering the reward as something that is NOT exclusive.
Most likely the suggestion is driven by personal desire. That exclusive thing is something that person wants. And so they want an easier way of getting it. On a basic level I can understand and sympathize with such logic. But that does indeed defeat the purpose of making that exclusive item special.

So while I may be sympathetic to the cause, logically I am far more swayed by your point. If something is so easy to acquire, it's not very special.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Most likely the suggestion is driven by personal desire. That exclusive thing is something that person wants. And so they want an easier way of getting it. On a basic level I can understand and sympathize with such logic. But that does indeed defeat the purpose of making that exclusive item special.

So while I may be sympathetic to the cause, logically I am far more swayed by your point. If something is so easy to acquire, it's not very special.
I hate to say it... but thats exactly the basic kind of desire.. not logic that has so many people up in arms about the RAF program. If it was logical, it would be correct. However, it is illogical. How spock of me