Lt. Commander
# 71
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
They finally fixed it! The pop up now waits until Red Alert is over! Woot!
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-29-2010, 07:57 PM
I bet it was the Pakleds.

"We make this stop." <click>

Z
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Where I find the Pop-up most annoying is teaming. During the STFs this is sharply felt.

Differences in loading times for team members can result in half of the team already in combat while the other half is trying to speed-read the window or frantically clicking through it with out reading it.

The STFs are setup in such a way you quite litterally have to hit the ground running.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UI_Maven
"To have a bunch of text block your vision the instant you kill a ship... is appalling interface design."

I completely agree, which is why this isn't actually supposed to happen.

Your "in-combat" state is supposed to persist for a few seconds after anyone has targeted you, to give time for ships to blow up, etc. before interactions or contact dialogues appear.

Can you give specific examples of maps/missions you're seeing this on, or is it always happening? Do you recall if you were actually in combat (does it still say "Condition Red" at the top of the screen) or were the contact dialogues just appearing too quickly after combat was over?
this always happens to me it does not matter what mission i am on if i am in battle and the ship i am fighting is just about to blow up my egnies go dead and the pop up gos up and before i can close it the ship blows up taking me with it.
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionquest
this always happens to me it does not matter what mission i am on if i am in battle and the ship i am fighting is just about to blow up my egnies go dead and the pop up gos up and before i can close it the ship blows up taking me with it.
Strange because I have done several "Defend Ship" and "Defend Base" variant of the "Secure System" missions since the Season 1.1 patch now... these were the most notorious dealers of "Death-by-Dialogue-Box" and the pop-ups now wait until RED ALERT is over... i.e. they fixed the issue at long last.
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I've been on a couple usual Pop-up-of-Doom Missions and no PuoD, Yay! Thanks Cryptic!

Lt. Commander
# 77
05-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Strange because I have done several "Defend Ship" and "Defend Base" variant of the "Secure System" missions since the Season 1.1 patch now... these were the most notorious dealers of "Death-by-Dialogue-Box" and the pop-ups now wait until RED ALERT is over... i.e. they fixed the issue at long last.
Now they pop up boxes that show up when you enter the system (multiple pages), one that shows when you reach the base (when closed the first wave spawns, either below or above your position but always in a bad spot if your close to the base/ship), after you kill the first ship(s), after you kill the 2 groups of ships, and after you kill the main ship.

5 pop ups for a 3 minute mission?
Lt. Commander
# 78
05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Since the patch hit the live server I've had exactly one pop up happen in the middle of combat while I was at red alert. This was in one of Admiral Quinn's story arc missions.

Even that wasn't a problem though, because the window now stays in the corner where I put it.

Good job Cryptic UI dude!
Lt. Commander
# 79
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
not just the inflight info popup outside SOL, but those constant tooltips in SB1 shipyard. you know the one, in the lower right corner telling you how to talk to whoever, for each whoever is there