Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
05-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh

While I felt vindicated a little there, my point wasn't the impressions, my point was this: I TALKED TO SOMEONE ABOUT STO.

Try it.
Very true. I am all about chatting up STO now wherever I go. I am even spamming my Facebook friends.

Finally something I can try using to counter all those Mafia and Farmville friend updates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
05-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
What's this "social" thing? Do I need to use the vibrations of sound that come out of my mouth and not use my keyboard to communicate? :p

I'm scared.
Be very very scared. Instead of looking at png's or jpegs or gifs of people you actually see them in the FLESH! and they even communicate to you by their own mouths... they may even use hand gestures...ohh man iam scared for you lol

gives me shivers just thinking about it....

now I must plug away at my computer to be normal again :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
05-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
"However, the reality of the matter is that most of the changes that have been made to the game are a direct result of forum feedback, since the Devs have not held any in game polls. I wish they would, but until then all their going to get is the feedback from the people on the forums."
This is wrong. The STO Updater, when you first log into the game, mentions at the very top there's a Poll about the next faction. I have also been in-game when GMs have sent game-wide messages about how people should participate in the poll.

Secondly; only people who care about the Galaxy-X being a reward are going to take the time to bother voting on a poll-- usually these people are the vocal minority that want something changed. People content with how things are will likely not vote, especially when it's a poll run by a random guy on the forums and not by Cryptic itself. Also as previously mentioned, such polls are faulty anyway and not difficult to manipulate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
05-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
This is wrong.
No, it isnt. I am well aware of the link to the new faction poll and the ship interior poll that have been on the launcher. But in case you havent been keeping up, Cryptic has only had 3 "official polls". So let me repeat the statement that have mistakenly called "wrong" and highlight the word you seem to have missed:

"However, the reality of the matter is that most of the changes that have been made to the game are a direct result of forum feedback, since the Devs have not held any in game polls. I wish they would, but until then all their going to get is the feedback from the people on the forums."

Even though Cryptic has had a few polls, the MAJORITY(aka "most") of the changes that have been made to the game are from forum feedback. There was no poll about the death penalty, PvE for Klingons, end game content. All of those changes(and many minor ones) were from forum feedback.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
05-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree. Keep it exclusive.


It's already bad enough that we have ten billion regular Sovereign class ships flying around named some form of Enterprise-E.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
05-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

"However, the reality of the matter is that most of the changes that have been made to the game are a direct result of forum feedback, since the Devs have not held [b][u]any[b][u] in game polls. I wish they would, but until then all their going to get is the feedback from the people on the forums."
Here, I've highlighted the part of the statement that is wrong, since you seem to be overlooking it.

Trying to claim, as fact, that there have not been ANY in game polls, when by your own admission you're aware of in game (well, via launcher) polls, makes the statement, false.


edit: And the DP was mentioned (if I remember right) on the Poll Cryptic did that rewarded the 240 Cryptic points).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
05-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Here, I've highlighted the part of the statement that is wrong, since you seem to be overlooking it.

Trying to claim, as fact, that there have not been ANY in game polls, when by your own admission you're aware of in game (well, via launcher) polls, makes the statement, false.


edit: And the DP was mentioned (if I remember right) on the Poll Cryptic did that rewarded the 240 Cryptic points).
It seems you dont understand what an IN GAME poll is, so let me explain it to you: its a poll that you can vote on IN GAME, not on the forums. If you think their the same thing, just look how many people voted on the last poll: 11k. There are supposedly "well over 100k" people who play STO, so just linking to a forum poll on the launcher obviously doesnt catch many folks attention.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
05-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It seems you dont understand what an IN GAME poll is, so let me explain it to you: its a poll that you can vote on IN GAME, not on the forums. If you think their the same thing, just look how many people voted on the last poll: 11k. There are supposedly "well over 100k" people who play STO, so just linking to a forum poll on the launcher obviously doesnt catch many folks attention.
The number is revealing, too, considering most games with published ebuscription numbers see an 8-10% forum participation. Not a "real number, but it indicates STO's population should sit nicely in the >100k range (110-137.5k give or take) ...then again, not all of us participated in the poll?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
05-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but got no help so:

I have no friends into PC gaming. Being in Law Enforcement I am not allowed to solicit coworkers.

So I buy 5 games and can setup 5 subscriptions on the same IP address with 5 different user names?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
05-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I posted this in the other thread, but got no help so:

I have no friends into PC gaming. Being in Law Enforcement I am not allowed to solicit coworkers.

So I buy 5 games and can setup 5 subscriptions on the same IP address with 5 different user names?
Canadian or American?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM.