Lt. Commander
# 1 Sloppy demo
05-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok so it takes 2 days to download the 8 some gigs of data to demo the game, but when the download meter reads 97% done and it finishes the down load thats sloppy work.
Now lets talk about the first extra Gig + patch that I have to download while I am writing this forum note. IT SUCKS!!!
When you put a game out for demo or even for sale your files should start from the latest patch including all prior patches and should be updated on all download sites every month or each time a patch is done, It should not require 2 or 3 days to update the original downloaded game just to start playing the game. It is an online game not a stand alone. those that have patch when patches come out, those that just join get files already patched to the last update or patch.

Want this gamers business in the future, then do the job properly all the time and stop wasting what little gaming time I have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the world of MMOs. Just about every other MMO trial is done the exact same way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Can we just save some time, have your "I quit, worst game ever" message put in this thread and go our different ways?

It's the first version of the demo on an MMO....are you new in the genre or life?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Welcome to the world of MMOs. Just about every other MMO trial is done the exact same way.
Both true, and sad.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
The main problem with the demo is it takes longer to download it than it does to play through it.