Lt. Commander
# 1 Polaron Torpedos, please.
05-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Yesterday, I watched Voyager and in that episode, the Krenim used Polaron torpedos. This reminded me that there are none in STO. Now, I admit, the Polaron Torpedo Kes scanned looked like the icon for Chroniton Torps in-game. And the effect, 'going through shields', would more apply to Tetryon weapons... And the reason for that, 'the Krenim weapons are out of temporal sync' is closer to Transphasic weapons... That episode seems very undecided, at least translated to STO. However, I would like Polaron Torpedos to be added for the stupid reason of... the color. I want purple torpedos. My ship is painted purple, I have polaron beams, I wear purple clothes, and almost all my BO skills have purple effects (VM, Polarize Hull, Tyken's Rift, Tractor Repulse). The only thing missing are matching torpedos.

Actually, building after colors isn't that senseless; I try a completely blue build on an alt (which works very well, even better than all purple) and a completely green one on KDF side (also working nicely), and plan on a red build on another Fed alt.

So yeah, can I haz purple torps?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Wrong.... those were Chroniton torpedoes.
The odd part is they work nothing at all like they should in game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Thats what I was thinking... The torpedo self was black-orange, like the Chronitons in game. And all traits described reminded me of other weapon types. I honestly don't care much if they are polaron torps, as long as they are purple... I'm simple like that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I miss my pols from SFC3. :-( There was nothing like firing one at a Sov, watching it pass through the shields, and light up a bunch of internals.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Domnion have polaron torps!

what i also miss is the breen, in general...with their energy dampening torpedo
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Dude you are too purple. They aren't going to redo the skill expertise again because of someone's favorite colors, lol.
Your favorite group is, let me guess, Deep Purple? Your favorite song, hm wait, Purple Rain?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-09-2010, 06:03 AM
No, smartie. I just want Polaron Torps or any other purple torpedos. There are plasma beams, cannons and torpedos, what's wrong with having other current beam weapons as projectiles?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I agree with the concept that there should be a torpedo version of polaron, tetryon and anti-proton weapons.

I also think the various procs need to be reworked to better reflect what was described in the various shows.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2010, 07:53 AM
There wont be any tetryon torpedoes simply because they are nowhere to be found in Star Trek canon, or phaser or disruptor torpedoes for that matter. :p

Speaking in a strictly canon sense there are no polaron torpedoes either.