Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2010, 06:05 AM
/signed by me
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-09-2010, 09:13 AM
The six month mark is more than enough time to enjoy pre-order perks exclusively as a token of customer appreciation. They all should be made available as Veterans' Benefits or C-Store items by then.

Any problem with that I'd chalk up to some under-developed emotional need to feel special by depriving or excluding others.

I've both CO and STO pre-launch Lifetime subscriptions and I bought the DDE, so I've several of the perks in question.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
bet the devs are loving this thread...

"who do we choose?! we cant win?! :O "
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
bet the devs are loving this thread...

"who do we choose?! we cant win?! :O "
Like Kirk himself, the devs really should not believe in no-win situations.

Lt. Commander
# 25
05-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Like Kirk himself, the devs really should not believe in no-win situations.

HMM Special Exclusive reward day?! :O

A chance to buy the pre-perks for you nubs who wernt around wen hey were originally hosted ? :O
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-09-2010, 03:54 PM
As a owner of MU uniforms I would not mind if they are made non-exclusive to the CO Offer. However anyone wanting the uniforms should show equal investment to get them. For a veteran reward, that would be around 400 Days Subscribed. Which may mean 500 days since there's already set rewards for 400.

I know those of you who want this costume set *now* don't like that but it's only fair to those who paid early to get access to them. You did have the opportunity to get them when it was initially offered.

Something similar should be done for the Galaxy-X. If you want it now hit the streets and snake oil 5 people into subbing. Otherwise keep subscribing for a year and you'll earn it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
As a owner of MU uniforms I would not mind if they are made non-exclusive to the CO Offer. However anyone wanting the uniforms should show equal investment to get them. For a veteran reward, that would be around 400 Days Subscribed. Which may mean 500 days since there's already set rewards for 400.

I know those of you who want this costume set *now* don't like that but it's only fair to those who paid early to get access to them. You did have the opportunity to get them when it was initially offered.

Something similar should be done for the Galaxy-X. If you want it now hit the streets and snake oil 5 people into subbing. Otherwise keep subscribing for a year and you'll earn it.
lol at the rate were going i dont think there will be many people left after day 400 :O .. weve lost a lot and were not even near 100 :O
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, at least I kept my subscription to EVE up.

35 million point character and counting.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Well, at least I kept my subscription to EVE up.

35 million point character and counting.
meh EVe has a good universe :O you can Pick a direction and continue heading out.. more or less :O .. (your go boom though)

but anyway... share the fabric design for the uber uniforms plox! :@ no one wants a civil war over some silly uniforms now do they ? ... well.. i do.. but thats just me war is fun.. this "diplomacy" we have.. basically.. aint
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Is this just indicative of the "me generation?" I've come to accept that if something is offered as an exclusive and has strings attached to get, that's what needs to be done in order to get said item. I don't look at the hoops and say "I'm not doing that. I know! I'll just demand that Cryptic makes it available to me in a different way that's more reasonable for me!" I don't complain when I miss out on something offered in a Collector's Edition because I didn't want to pay for it.

The trouble is Cryptic loses credibility if it offers an exclusive later on. Why buy a LTS in the time frame given in order to get a playable Borg if you can just buy it in the C-store at a later date? They wouldn't be doing themselves any favors by doing that. It would hurt their business because no one would participate in the promotions.

I think a better compromise is to offer a similar but different item in the C-store. Mirror Universe uniforms from a different show like Enterprise I think would satisfy a lot of folks and maintain the integrity of the original offer.
Closed Thread