Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot complete Mission
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
i am doing a mission called secret order's entangled in the briars, i have done most of the mission but i can't beam down to the base due to a bird of prey stuck in the asteroid wall and i can't destroy it, please can you do anything
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Warp out, delete the mission, then get the mission again. It will reset the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
yeah i figured as much, thank you..
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
You don't actually have to delete the mission if you leave to work around a bug. If you keep the mission and just leave the mission map long enough for it to reset, you should lose less progress.

In general, missions are set up with a "wrapper" mission which sits in your journal and "open" missions which are based on the map the mission takes place on. Often each open mission completing will tick off a extra check mark on your wrapper mission objectives. When you leave a mission to exit to sector space, you will typically lose progress on the open mission and its matching objective, but you won't lose earlier progress. Most mission bugs can be resolved by just letting the current map reset and starting from there.

Being aware of this can mean that if you run into trouble on part 3 of a mission, and leave, you just start over on part 3 instead of going back to part 1.

The more you know!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
How can I get rid of "[Lt 1] Line in the Sand" ... a mission from the ST:O intro ... I'm now Cm 2 and I *still* have that mission in my Episode log.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
You don't actually have to delete the mission if you leave to work around a bug. If you keep the mission and just leave the mission map long enough for it to reset, you should lose less progress.

In general, missions are set up with a "wrapper" mission which sits in your journal and "open" missions which are based on the map the mission takes place on. Often each open mission completing will tick off a extra check mark on your wrapper mission objectives. When you leave a mission to exit to sector space, you will typically lose progress on the open mission and its matching objective, but you won't lose earlier progress. Most mission bugs can be resolved by just letting the current map reset and starting from there.

Being aware of this can mean that if you run into trouble on part 3 of a mission, and leave, you just start over on part 3 instead of going back to part 1.

The more you know!
Hmm... wish I'd known this last month!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonwindu View Post
How can I get rid of "[Lt 1] Line in the Sand" ... a mission from the ST:O intro ... I'm now Cm 2 and I *still* have that mission in my Episode log.
We're looking into whether we can automatically remove that from everyone's mission trackers (if you're out of the tutorial), but for now please submit a GM ticket. We should be able to manually deal with that for you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
OK mine is slightly different.

It is the Vulcan Ambassador mission where an Udine is disguised as a Vulcan Ambassador. I completed the mission and destroyed the Udine ship in orbit. Then I got a phone call and I talked to the phone. When I got back there was a red window message telling me that there is nobody in this system and I can warp out. I warped out but the mission still showed in progress although I had completed it. I warped in the same system and the map was reset. Is this is a bug or a mistake from my part? Namely should I leave the map when I complete the mission without delaying much?

Another problem was related to the Vulcan Sector Patrol - Bhea System. When I got there there were Orions but no shipyards. I destroyed all the Orion ships and left the map but the misson was shown as still in progress. I re-entered the system several times with no luck. Finally the map reset and this time there were both Orions and shipyards. I destroyed them all and this time the mission was listed as completed. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a general instance synchronization bug in the game?

Finally what is the jump to instance feature?