Lt. Commander
# 131
05-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm fine with it being exclusive because it's basically so good from the sound of it that no one will fly anything else...

You could also just buy 5 accounts...
Lt. Commander
# 132
05-09-2010, 07:30 PM
That Ship is not even cannon. Is this game just going really non cannon.
Lt. Commander
# 133 It is Canon
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajmeriell View Post
That Ship is not even cannon. Is this game just going really non cannon.
Everything in the Star Trek TV shows and Movies is in fact canon. I think what you might be trying to say here is the ship is from an alternate timeline in the episode titled "All Good Things".

P.S. A cannon is artillery equipment. Canon means a rule or especially body of rules or principles generally established as valid and fundamental in a field or art or philosophy

P.S.S. In fact, only the material in the shows and movies is canon. Nothing else is.

P.S.S.S. Now, if you accept such things as the Mirror Universe, then you also have to accept the so called "Galaxy X" ship, right along with "J.J. Trek" and every other tv show or movie that dealt with an alternate timeline or alternate reality...however you wish to term it, it means the same thing: everything is real.

Now go chew on that for a bit, but don't let it twist your noodle too much.
Lt. Commander
# 134
05-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Everything in the Star Trek TV shows and Movies is in fact canon. I think what you might be trying to say here is the ship is from an alternate timeline in the episode titled "All Good Things".
Not only that, but this reasoning would also exclude the much more popular Olympic-class, which is from the same episode and in the same alternate timeline. The Olympic set the precedent; although, for the sake of transparency, I don't care for this AGT Galaxy. I care for it being called the "Galaxy-X" even less.
Lt. Commander
# 135
05-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine

P.S. A cannon is artillery equipment. Canon means a rule or especially body of rules or principles generally established as valid and fundamental in a field or art or philosophy

P.S.S. In fact, only the material in the shows and movies is canon. Nothing else is.

P.S.S.S. Now, if you accept such things as the Mirror Universe, then you also have to accept the so called "Galaxy X" ship, right along with "J.J. Trek" and every other tv show or movie that dealt with an alternate timeline or alternate reality...however you wish to term it, it means the same thing: everything is real.

Now go chew on that for a bit, but don't let it twist your noodle too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBriton
Not only that, but this reasoning would also exclude the much more popular Olympic-class, which is from the same episode and in the same alternate timeline. The Olympic set the precedent; although, for the sake of transparency, I don't care for this AGT Galaxy. I care for it being called the "Galaxy-X" even less.
GB I think you missed the gist of my logic: Cryptic is going to use anything from Trek that they think is cool for the game. Canon is just a technicality and more has gone into explaining away canon that has ever gone in to supporting it. Star Trek itself quite frequently contradicts its own facts!

You can either swim with or against the current. I tend to agree with ZootCadillac on such things: It's better to fight than switch.