Lt. Commander
# 21
05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Especially not for that. Not after Sarah Palin ruined that title.
I didn't even know she was in the BETA

Lt. Commander
# 22
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

She was on a break from WoW at the time. I hear she's really interested in Huxley right now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow! Who says Forums don't teach you stuff?! Until I today, I didn't even know she existed!
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:

You betchya!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:

She's in STO too.

You can find her on Risa, standing at the shore looking out to sea. I think she's watching Russia....
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
She's in STO too.

You can find her on Risa, standing at the shore looking out to sea. I think she's watching Russia....
ARGGGGH!!!! I think I ran into her last night then... her hair flowing in the breeze, and wouldn't you know it, she, of all players, already had her beachwear on
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
You do realise that the advisory council had nothing to do with this community. It was merely a way of allowing representatives of fansites and communities who don't visit here to give the ideas of their communities to Cryptic.
Being that nobody actually read what they were about before hitting the nerdrage button everyone assumed and perpetuated the myth that it was a group of unelected people meant to represent THIS community and all players. Which it was never intended for.
The one-sentence description makes it sound a lot better designed, implemented, and publicized than it ever was.

And that's generalizing the opposition a bit. Some thought it would be used to excessively privelige the views of a small number of people, that it involved inherent conflicts of interest, that Cryptic was really only interested in mouthpieces for them rather than the other way around, etc. And then there were objections to the initial membership, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
ARGGGGH!!!! I think I ran into her last night then... her hair flowing in the breeze, and wouldn't you know it, she, of all players, already had her beachwear on
She can see Romulus from her house too.

(well what's left of it.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
She can see Romulus from her house too.

(well what's left of it.)
Well, yeah... haven't we all seen that Beacon of light to the Romulan Empire?
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
The council idea was dropped shortly after it was announced due to the community outrage.
A new council based upon a different idea is set to be announced in the future.
My understanding is that folks invited to the Council may be getting repurposed into a viral marketing "Press Corps" type thing (ie. receiving press releases and fast tracked for conference call interviews or something but with the feedback portion dropped) and that, if we get a Council, it will take another form.

I suspect that the big thing we'll see the former Council members get is fast tracked interviews, exclusive press releases and permission to run contests in conjunction with Atari, more like the Wowhead/Blizzard relationship and less as a Council (which is a bit misleading since Cryptic didn't intend for their Council to be a governing body, just a feedback/market research tool; they do want to tap people who have built Trek web communities but I gather the "Council" term was probably a bad idea and the feedback collecting part was something these folks were ill-equipped for and the community here rejected).