Lt. Commander
im downloading the demo of over 8k mb this has notbin a problem befor however it has take 48 minest for just 17% whats going on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
The downloader is nothing more than a simple torrent client, it is subject to the same rules about speed as normal torrent clients are. You can only download as fast as the cloud can upload.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 12:52 AM
It took me over 18hours to get it. Guess there isn't many people seeding the file so it is taking forever to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The downloader is nothing more than a simple torrent client, it is subject to the same rules about speed as normal torrent clients are. You can only download as fast as the cloud can upload.
Ok, can you try to put some pause button or to set limit on upload speed, it is taking all my bandwidth, cant browse simple web pages or do anything online when demo is dl, and i am at 35% after dl all night.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
The Star Trek Online file takes up 17.1 GIGS on my hard drive.

Since the demo file has to match with the program currently running on the server, I imagine that the demo file is probably the full size game file with a few limitations built in.

So... at your current download speed, how long will it take you to download 17 GIGS? That's how long it will probably take.