Lt. Commander
# 1 maintenance
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else pulling hair out due to tardy maintenance windows?!

It grates on me more than it perhaps should as I work in said game (service delivery) but still...is it really that hard to accurately estimate how long maintenance tasks should take? No it isn't.

It is the same as every other MMORPG, sadly they do not follow the ethos that as we are are paying to play (=service) we have a right to know when our production environment is available =) and that should be 99.9% of the time.

I wonder how Cryptic would react to a mass 'non logon day' !!

Pull your operational socks up...I'm embarrased for you..

ps obviously yes I am missing the game lol =p
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acilies
Is it just me or is anyone else pulling hair out due to tardy maintenance windows?!

It grates on me more than it perhaps should as I work in said game (service delivery) but still...is it really that hard to accurately estimate how long maintenance tasks should take? No it isn't.

It is the same as every other MMORPG, sadly they do not follow the ethos that as we are are paying to play (=service) we have a right to know when our production environment is available =) and that should be 99.9% of the time.

I wonder how Cryptic would react to a mass 'non logon day' !!

Pull your operational socks up...I'm embarrased for you..

ps obviously yes I am missing the game lol =p
LOL first off, you are not promised 99.96 percent uptime. Just because you pay a sub doesn't mean they have to supply you with that amount of uptime. (Actually you are paying for a license not a service.)

In any case, be patient. Better to let them take longer and perform the maintenance right or they will just have to take it down again in a few.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Sorry they went long. It happens sometimes. As far as a "non-longin-day," well, they get paid the same 50 cents a day whether you login or not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 06:19 AM
was supposed to be up 13 gmt, which was wrong of course, it's actually 14 gmt. But we are even past that already.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 06:22 AM
C'mon, why should Cryptic run out of character and surprise us with being on time with anything. Not their style.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Actually maintenance going long is extremely uncommon. They usually hit the restart time without any problems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
im sure they would love a non login day. would probably let them clear some backlogs, spend more time on the forums etc
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2010, 06:45 AM
You do know the servers came up while you were writing this yes?