Lt. Commander
# 41
05-11-2010, 08:34 AM
ignore these peseants... think of the $$$$$
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
First let me just say I sympathise with the MU fans plight.

Now that that's out of the way, this is a really bad idea to just CStore it on STO. Yes you heard me: Bad idea. But no, let me explain why I think this way so you don't think I'm trolling or something.

I know quite a lot of die hard STO fans went ahead and threw out $200 on a game they'd never play just for this set limited time offer. I also know a whole other slew of people who got the CO lifetime to play CO and knew 100% they would never get to see this bonus. *gasp* But surprise! Some of us actually like both games.

As I've said once before, I have no doubt in my mind that these uniforms will eventually be made non-exclusive to the CO lifetiners (The DDE got their excusive TOS taken away and that messed up a much larger group) with the huge clamoring for these there is now. So yes, the CO lifetimers will eventually be messed up and I know it.

personae has said that it was said that this was promised to never be in the CStore, and it needs to be honored. (Source btw? ) Seriously it's not fair to the customer otherwise. The female uniforms were JUST delivered like a week ago and I still haven gotten to use them since mom DC my net and I'm posting from a Wii on a borrowed wifi. Those who actually got the full package now would be MIGHTY PEEVED if it was put up in CStore today or any day.

So in conclusion, yes I do agree these should be made more accessible, but a direct port to CStore would be extremely unfair to the initial investment that had to be made for these (And then another lifetime just to make sure to keep them indefinitely is only logical, so imagine the cost now!). The only fair way is to put this with the last tier of Vet rewards, so people invest a comparable amount. It's not CStore (Promise upheld, CO lifetimers happy) and it's available to STO but requires a comparable investment (Other STO fans happy, but have to invest for it kinda like the original offer). Or different MU from a different season, NOT CStore, and given out on Vet reward/first referal (Make it no box or sub required like Saphire action figure). It's not the ones from CO lifetime and not just a clever workaround the promise to keep it out of CStore (CO lifetimers happy, promise upheld) but it is MU (Other STO fans have a MU, and invest comparably).

I hope you understand....
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Could always make it a Veteran and STO lifetime perk then, if its all about "value". :p
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
why can't people just accept that they can't have evry shiny in the game and move on it's a game do these people get this upset when they see a guy driving a ferrearri and can't have it too
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
why can't people just accept that they can't have evry shiny in the game and move on it's a game do these people get this upset when they see a guy driving a ferrearri and can't have it too
Thats not really comparable since you can "buy" a Ferarri, even if its a limited edition, as all you need to do is persuade the owner to sell it for the right price, legally.
However the MU uniforms cannot be bought now period as the transferring of accounts is "illegal"

The reason people are so riled up is because the Mirror Universe forums are very "Iconic" and as such it was wrong of Cryptic to do what they did with them.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-11-2010, 02:47 PM
i don't have the mu i would like them but i accept i can't have them no point whining about it
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
And if everyone would just accept everything as they were then there would be no hope for the game to get better.
Its exactly the purpose these forums exist for, not to "accept" how things are now, but to leave "feedback".
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-11-2010, 03:00 PM
how is it making the game better to give people a certain uniform
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
How does it make the game better giving people ship costumes?
This is the C-Store feedback section and the C-Store is primarily for cosmetic and fluff items. :p
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
money money money, must be funny, in a rich mans world.
Closed Thread