Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Party
05-11-2010, 06:00 AM
I highly recommend that this be taken off the crew cooldown. This is basically unusable on account of how it ties up Engineering Team, Science Team AND Tactical Team. The skill is difficult enough to use as it is due to how the shuttles are slow and can be shot down, hence necessitating using it at close range.

I think it would be livable if it was on the Tactical Team cooldown since, in theory, the same staff are handling both, but Engineering and Science should be on different - and, honestly, separate - cooldowns. My science personnel are not my engineering personnel and they should be able to operate simultaneously.
Lt. Commander
# 2 yeah
05-11-2010, 06:10 AM
I agree with you there i can never use tactical team or boarding party as sci team and engi team are always being used because they are priority for survival. Man they should have thought this through!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
First and foremost, BOARDING PARTY should be a TACTICAL skill ... not an Engineering skill. You don't launch Engineers at an enemy ship ... you throw your security teams at it!

And yes, this skill has NO BUSINESS being on a shared cooldown with Tactical, Engineering and Science Team crew skills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't usually get too much into skills and how they should work but I agree, mostly. Whatever skill it is for is the cooldown it should be on. If its engineers, then engineers. I agree it shouldn't burn out all your teams to use.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
So it's ok the game includes science and engineering guys for away team missions, and they have skills that makes them desirable there, but you don't buy you'd want to send them to enemy ships?

Regardless, unless you're carrying dedicated marines, those tactical personnel have duty stations that need to be manned while they are away boarding things.