Lt. Commander
# 51
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm quite certain the simple solution is: Bring the bronze versions to the masses. (see my many previous posts on this and similar topics for what I mean)

I'm also quite certain that there is strong enough evidence that those of us who have the exclusives are willing to compromise, but not fold, where as the "I didn't study, but if I fail the teacher is to blame" crowd seems to demand no quarter.

And frankly, I'd be surprised if that attitude won any gold name's hearts.

NO, you cannot have my exclusive reward.

But you can have similar.
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
I'm quite certain the simple solution is: Bring the bronze versions to the masses.

I'm also quite certain that there is strong enough evidence that those of us who have the exclusives are willing to compromise, but not fold, where as the "I didn't study, but if I fail the teacher is to blame" crowd seems to demand no quarter.

And frankly, I'd be surprised if that attitude won any gold name's hearts.

NO, you cannot have my exclusive reward.

But you can have similar.
someone gag him and pin him to the ground while i yoink his belt!
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Um...I think...I think I'll stay away from that. And no, he has a valid argument. People who have these exclusives are willing to compromise to let others either have them or something similar. Those who want to withhold anything from other players just want their toys to themselves. And those who want those items without working for it in any fashion just want instant gratification. I'm willing to meet in the middle. Make the MU uni, the Lib Borg, the new hot X-exclusive item available to others, but make them earn it. If Cryptic HAS to put stuff up in the C-Store, make it a variation...or make it something else...but don't cheapen the item, either.
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Translation: "Give me for free what others paid for, because it is not fair that they have something that I do not have. In my perfect world, where you have to work to make the money to buy the item, I get it without the effort at all. This is my world..and it is perfect."

Exclusive.

We paid for it. We have it. We keep it. You want it.. ask Cryptic to put their lifetime sub offer back on CO.. and go buy a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 55 This makes my head hurt.
05-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Translation: "Give me for free what others paid for, because it is not fair that they have something that I do not have. In my perfect world, where you have to work to make the money to buy the item, I get it without the effort at all. This is my world..and it is perfect."

Exclusive.

We paid for it. We have it. We keep it. You want it.. ask Cryptic to put their lifetime sub offer back on CO.. and go buy a subscription.
Wow to buy a lifetime to a totally different game for some STO in game uniforms?, that I don't play nor have any interest in? That has to be an oxy moron, or just plain old moron. I have already bought enough of this title to almost add up to another Lifetime Subscription.

The Champions offer was ridiculous. Bare minimum should of been offered to STO lifetime PRE launch investors, and should of been made available with other long term subscription offers. When I see this point that is made is just so unreasonable....... You bought a Champions Lifetime, because you play
Champions not just for STO uniforms.......
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Yes, It was a bit rediculous that the only way to get the Mirror Universe uniforms was through the CO lifetime. Which is why we asked if it would be available any other way back then and they said 'no.'

People spent hundreds they might not have otherwise based on that. Which means, like it or not, they are obliged to honor that at least until the 16 month mark. Putting it back on a CO offer is a little extreme. But a Vet reward around that time frame is a fair enough option for both sides of this arguement in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Wow to buy a lifetime to a totally different game for some STO in game uniforms?, that I don't play nor have any interest in? That has to be an oxy moron, or just plain old moron. I have already bought enough of this title to almost add up to another Lifetime Subscription.

The Champions offer was ridiculous. Bare minimum should of been offered to STO lifetime PRE launch investors, and should of been made available with other long term subscription offers. When I see this point that is made is just so unreasonable....... You bought a Champions Lifetime, because you play
Champions not just for STO uniforms.......
Uh,..I do play Champions. I have 7 level 40 characters. The uniforms were part of the bonus. Deal with it. You don't have to have everything everybody else has. I am not complaining about the offers I don't have from other packages. I could have purchased them... I didn't..

But you won't see me here begging to get the stuff that others paid for as exclusives...

Ever...
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Uh,..I do play Champions. I have 7 level 40 characters. The uniforms were part of the bonus. Deal with it. You don't have to have everything everybody else has.
Wow. 7 40s? I had three characters in their 30s, and all of my characters in their 20s when I left, IIRC. But I lost my tolerance for the grind well before I got to where you're at, heh.

I agree with the underlined sentiment. While I would not be upset if they made the TNG and DS9 unis available in some other way (as I'd actually like to run into more people in the unis from the show) ... it doesn't upset me that others have things I don't have.

I find though a lot of people playing this game really really want certain things. And lose sight of that sentiment, and then reason and logic starts to break down, heh.

There's a thread in the tribble forums about the Borg Bridge Officer from the Khitomer STF. It doesn't have the efficient trait, like the CE Borg officer does. A lot of people want that trait. The Khitomer Borg instead carries four superior traits. No other BO in the game has that many superior traits. But because they are traits people do not want ...

I just get the feeling that some people playing the game have unreasonable expectations of the developers in terms of giving them exactly what they want. And your post sort of highlighted that idea and made me think about it.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Uh,..I do play Champions. I have 7 level 40 characters. The uniforms were part of the bonus. Deal with it. You don't have to have everything everybody else has. I am not complaining about the offers I don't have from other packages. I could have purchased them... I didn't..

But you won't see me here begging to get the stuff that others paid for as exclusives...

Ever...
You Play Champions.......I do not. I play STO, the only thing I am complaining about in the above mentioned post is that I have been around since STO was still on the drawing boards, and I feel that it is unreasonable to ask me as a Prelaunch Investor to go buy a lifetime subscription to another game to get a set of uniforms. This unreasonable Champions promotion was the only one that asked you to spend 200+ dollars for something totally unrelated to STO for a set of uniforms. I call B.S. when I see it. In fact the other promotions were all offered to players of this game, not others. Once again thanks you proving all my point made in the above mentioned post beyond a reasonable doubt.

My position is that the more exclusives you have in this game the less attractive it is to newer players. Thus taking the Trek feeling out of Star Trek. So lets not be so greedy about sharing some of them.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:

Exclusive.

/agree that's what it really boils down to money someone shelled out 200 dollars for this but if i whine enough i'll be able to get it for free. (and no i don't have the mu) i accept that i wasn't there for that promo and didn't get it anything else is just whining see avatar

I personally would be insulted if they put lib borg or other items on the c-store i paid a lot of money to get those shinies and they should remain exclusive
Closed Thread