Lt. Commander
# 11
05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Avalon
@ KiraYamato

Never underestimate the Otaku, we have Anime senses that tingle, similar to spidey sense, only for anime related things. If I see you online I want to see your crew, always been a fan of the gundam multiverse. (you can see mine too if ya like, only Dana doesn't show up on my bridge too often for some reason. Maybe she takes the role of ships AI too seriously and doesn't appear because she's 'in the computer' )
Sounds good to me.

Like I said earlier, Setsuna recently left the crew of the Maelstrom to command his own ship, and Feldt went with him (Setsuna's now my latest Fed Alt ) Taking their place in the Maelstrom's crew are a Klingon (with a name provided by the in-game name generator) and a Bajoran (with a name obtained through one of Kinthok's Name Threads) respectively.

And, to be honest, I don't just limit it to Gundam--I have one character whose name, ship and the majority of her all-female crew all draw inspiration from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and another character whose inspiration primarily comes from the Xenosaga Video Games.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Sounds good to me.

Like I said earlier, Setsuna recently left the crew of the Maelstrom to command his own ship, and Feldt went with him (Setsuna's now my latest Fed Alt ) Taking their place in the Maelstrom's crew are a Klingon (with a name provided by the in-game name generator) and a Bajoran (with a name obtained through one of Kinthok's Name Threads) respectively.

And, to be honest, I don't just limit it to Gundam--I have one character whose name, ship and the majority of her all-female crew all draw inspiration from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and another character whose inspiration primarily comes from the Xenosaga Video Games.
Heh, nice. My kling char was inspired by witchblade (the anime version) but the rest of my crews are just random generated names. I might change them up later. Wouldn't mind seeing your others as well. (at work currently, killing time on the board here)

I know my avatar is from the show, but I haven't actually seen the series yet. I have it in it's entirety but haven't sat down to watch it. I've seen the chars though so it'd be interesting to see their mock ups.

Xenosaga, good games. Have to finish the 3rd one yet now that I think of it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Avalon
Heh, nice. My kling char was inspired by witchblade (the anime version) but the rest of my crews are just random generated names. I might change them up later. Wouldn't mind seeing your others as well. (at work currently, killing time on the board here)

I know my avatar is from the show, but I haven't actually seen the series yet. I have it in it's entirety but haven't sat down to watch it. I've seen the chars though so it'd be interesting to see their mock ups.

Xenosaga, good games. Have to finish the 3rd one yet now that I think of it.
I see.

Here's a list of the characters I brought over so far--Hayate, Signum, Vita, Shamal, Reinforce Zwei, Suzuka, Shari. I'm thinking about potentially bringing in Agito, as well.

It's almost 11PM where I live (Mountain Daylight Time), so I should probably get to bed. I hope I'll get a chance to see you tomorrow!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2010, 04:25 AM
I don't, you know, trying for some vague shot at oringinality :p