Lt. Commander
# 91
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh i completely expect them to make money of it... what this is about isnt that, its all about being able to obtain them period.

I mean seriously, why on earth should the effort Cryptic has put into these uniforms be lost on a "minor" elitist crowd of players?
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Your ignorance is mind boggling, You Paid FOR A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION, NOT the mirror universe uniform set it was a bonus. So you brought a full Kleenex box to a battle of wits..........Good Job
Nice try but still incorrect. We bought a package that included the lifetime subscription and other items. The uniform was not a bonus. It was part of the package.

I do understand many people wouldn't want to buy that entire package just for the uniforms. But that doesnt change the fact that some people did after being told it was the only way to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
just give it up why should cryptic just give away a what people paid for and b what they can still make money on?
for the $$$$ !!!
Lt. Commander
# 94
05-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Oh i completely expect them to make money of it... what this is about isnt that, its all about being able to obtain them period.

I mean seriously, why on earth should the effort Cryptic has put into these uniforms be lost on a "minor" elitist crowd of players?
/ Agreed completely!
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
just give it up why should cryptic just give away a what people paid for and b what they can still make money on?
I paid for the DDE for the TOS package and it was ok to give them away? What is good for the goose is good for the gander? Yes. So i think I have a valid case and my point is they should at least be available to Prelaunch investors immediately and all others in a another form not limited to veterans rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Nice try but still incorrect. We bought a package that included the lifetime subscription and other items. The uniform was not a bonus. It was part of the package.

I do understand many people wouldn't want to buy that entire package just for the uniforms. But that doesnt change the fact that some people did after being told it was the only way to get it.
Technically not, the price did not go up for a champions lifetime subscription when the MU uniforms were included, so they were a bundle bonus much like Internet Explorer with Windows XP. Therefore it might of made you lean toward the purchase, but A lifetime subscription for Champions was purchased. The Mirror Universe was a bundle at no cost......well except the grief to anyone who wanted them who played STO.

But I respect your opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Technically not, the price did not go up for a champions lifetime subscription when the MU uniforms were included, so they were a bundle bonus much like Internet Explorer with Windows XP. Therefore it might of made you lean toward the purchase, but A lifetime subscription for Champions was purchased. The Mirror Universe was a bundle at no cost......well except the grief to anyone who wanted them who played STO.

But I respect your opinion.
The Champions Lifetime was never sold without the MU uniforms. They were sold together. The price did not change because they were never offered separately.
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
The Champions Lifetime was never sold without the MU uniforms. They were sold together. The price did not change because they were never offered separately.
Your are correct on the cancellation of the Champions Lifetime Subscription. I posted the Champions Information. The point is that the price would not a have dropped if they were to discontinue the MU offer.
(I.E. STO LIFETIME 239.99- 299.99) It was not redeemable in Champions so it was an extra or a bonus.

Daeke
Online Community Team

Limited-Time Subscription Deals!
We're very excited to announce two special subscription packages available for purchase for a limited-time! Both of these offers are only going to be around until supplies last, so sign up while you still can. Below are the details for both the lifetime and 6-month subscription packages.

Lifetime subscriptions include:

* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers

* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!

6-Month Discounted Subscriptions come with:

* Saves $29.95 USD (33% off!) over regular monthly subscription!
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!

Have either of these caught your eye?

I respectfully disagree, all features with exception to the MU uniforms were active in game Champions rewards for lifetime subscribers the MU were bonus toward STO. They were not redeemable in Champions therefore they were a future out of game bonus towards STO. (CHECKMATE)
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Interesting.... thanks for posting that, it looks like it just made a lot of arguments moot.
The Mirror Universe uniforms are NOT exclusive and they never were.

Which means theres nothing stopping cryptic from making them available later.
Lt. Commander
# 100 Ding Ding Ding Correct
05-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Interesting.... thanks for posting that, it looks like it just made a lot of arguments moot.
The Mirror Universe uniforms are NOT exclusive and they never were.

Which means theres nothing stopping cryptic from making them available later.
I copied and pasted it from the Champions site......"Unique" Is the operative word!!, NOT EXCLUSIVE!!!!

MY POINT EXACTLY!!! Thank you for your brilliant powers of observation, thus being a bonus and not an in game exclusive...

Checkmate.
Closed Thread