Lt. Commander
# 161
05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't have the mus and like my esteemed colleague i will never cry about what i can't have i will continuosly applaude cryptic if they keep things exclusive. If they don't then those of us that would normally buy an extra copy of something for whatever exclusive item it has will no longer do so we will just wait it out and get free or cheaper through the cstore. Yes i am saying there would be a backlash from those that paid money to get certain items if they become available easily and to everyone the special item isn't special if there are a million of them.
Lt. Commander
# 162
05-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
We are ALL the Jones'

The difference is, that I am not going to cry about what YOU have.

Ever.

You seem to think that the MU was the only exclusive/unique item ever made for STO. I am sure you have something I do not have. Another offer,... another bonus...

I won't be crying to Cryptic to take it from you and give it to me.

OCD. Gotta have everything.
And what business is it of yours if I wish to buy the MU uniforms? That you won't have a precious exclusive anymore?
At least we offer the courtesy of PAYING for it, unlike my DDE "exclusive" TOS uniform which was GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE.
Lt. Commander
# 163
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
id also like to see the ISS option added for ship names and the MU symbol as an option to replace the Fed circle/ stars/wreath symbol on my ships. So basically....I want to be able to fully deck out my ship and crew as MU. id be happy if they added them to the accolade system somehow too.
Lt. Commander
# 164
05-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
And what business is it of yours if I wish to buy the MU uniforms? That you won't have a precious exclusive anymore?
At least we offer the courtesy of PAYING for it, unlike my DDE "exclusive" TOS uniform which was GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE.
The issue with the uniforms you had that were given away should be rectified. They should give you a NEW exclusive to make up for it.

Don't try to correct a wrong with another wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 165
05-13-2010, 10:13 PM
/agree
/signed.
Lt. Commander
# 166
05-13-2010, 10:39 PM
For the love of...

You slept with my wife, so now I get to sleep with yours? Is that how things are done?
It's silly to continue beating this dead horse. This particular topic has been listed under different names, but the argument is ALWAYS the same:

I want this 'exclusive' item put in the store...
You can't have it because it was 'exclusive'...
I am willing to PAY extra money for it, whats the harm...?
I payed for it already when it was a limited time deal, that means you cant have it!
Whats the big deal? You got the bonus, why can't I have it too?
...on
and on...
and on...

No one who wants the bonus wants to admit that 'exclusive' means just that.
No one who argues about the exclusivity wants to give up their precious bonus or they will somehow be 'slighted' and it will be cheapened because of it.

Would I like to see the content in the store?
Absolutely.
Does it ruin or cheapen the bonus for those that met the criteria when they were offered?
That is entirely up to the individual... but I can tell you that my TOS costumes being mass released to anyone willing to dish out money for them doesn't hurt me or my precious sensabillities one tiny bit, but thats just me.
Lt. Commander
# 167
05-14-2010, 04:09 AM
I realize that this is a controversial topic (and do have some sympathy for both sides). Personallly though, I'd really like to have some way of getting the MU uniforms. They are, as Kefra said, "...an iconic part of the Star Trek Universe." and I'd feel just the same way if one of the TV series ships available at tier 4 was impossible to get hold of in the current game.

We're all here to have fun and immerse ourselves in the Star Trek universe and I really believe that in-game elements from the shows should be somehow accessible to everyone (even if difficult to get - including my "exclusive" Borg BOff, TOS Enterprise, TOS uniforms etc). For many of us, it's those little things which really make the game.
Lt. Commander
# 168
05-14-2010, 04:11 AM
The battle could go on forever i point out once agin if a store has a sale and you missed it the store is not going to sell you the same item at the sale price because you cry about it
Lt. Commander
# 169 I am a fair and factual
05-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
You are my favorite poster.

Do you know why?

You cry to me as if I have the keys to your happiness. You cry to me as if I am the gatekeeper of your success.

Also you type like a bag of skittles exploded into your hard drive... COLORS MUCH.

You keep arguing with me as if it changes a darn thing.

It doesn't.

But keep it up. I always enjoy a rainbow explosion of useless text, posted by a man who is only winning an argument in his head, so he can sleep well tonight.. maybe.
I sleep well every night and by the looks of this thread I won the debate somewhere other than my head. I realize you are not the gate keeper of success (I definitely know that to be a FACT also), but I feel it is my responsibility to enlighten you as to the facts that you so severely misrepresented. It would be nice to have as many people together in agreement on the yellow brick road to Emerald City to see the Wizard. I prefer this instead of you being an obstacle of misrepresentation and poorly thought of retorts. The information is color coded for the simple minded people who have trouble with reading comprehension, understanding definitions, and facts. So if you still do not understand I apologize, but it was drawn out in crayons for you. You may interject your opinion or feelings all you like, but it still does not change any of the FACTS I have presented here.

I do NOT think it is not fair for you to boast that you have an exclusive bonus that IS IN FACT NOT EXCLUSIVE(by CRYPTIC's OWN DEFINITION) and simply a bonus that should be made available in a multitude of ways to the STO player base. Thank you for making it so easy to present the NON EXCLUSIVE fact successfully. At anytime you may admit your were mistaken, as to the facts and Cryptic documentation offered., and say your opinion is that you don't want other player to have access to those MU uniforms set, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to state your opinion as fact, especially when your opinion is factually inaccurate.
Lt. Commander
# 170
05-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
/signed, agreed, and thank you for weighing in on this discussion.
Closed Thread