Lt. Commander
# 1 Raidisodes
05-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Our fleet got a bit sleepy lately so i was looking for pickups again. Pain in the butt to be honest.
Some of my Boffs act smarter than some players. Though engies have bunker fabrication they don't use it, same with heals for some scientists. Do you know your job guys?

1. Why do i have to finish "The Cure" in order to be able to play Terradome? New story isn't it?

2. Why are so many RA5s broke as hell, can't you bring 50 damn large hypos and shield charges?
Those are our only self-heals, except for scientists.

3. Why are some Elite Borgs invincible? Why do some Elites die quicker? Did i miss an official guide or are they bugged?

4. Are Mark of Valor weapons really the last word against Borg? If so, then just slightly, so no point playing Raidisodes for Valor marks since the future Raidisodes don't even have Borg involved.

5. If playing endgame content keeps being this stressful, i fear the worst for STO.

Give us at least a queue system or player search window for Raidisodes. Upon application for a certain Raidisode all players can see your profession and a an inventory scan for large hypos would be cool as well. Zone chat is getting more and more confused the more Raidisodes we get.

Btw, getting pulled into a fleet action while inviting people for Raidisodes sitting by the proper system is counter-productive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
1. Why do i have to finish "The Cure" in order to be able to play Terradome? New story isn't it?
Wait, what? Seriously!?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Wait, what? Seriously!?
No, you don't.

Terradome is a seperate questline - sepearate species, unrelated plot, etc.

I haven't completed Khitomer on either server and was able to do Terradome.

It also has a unique non-combat portion (though it gets boring after your fourth attempt).

Quote:
It is a new story - you don't have to complete anything (aside from being RA5) to get it.

Quote:
2. Why are so many RA5s broke as hell, can't you bring 50 damn large hypos and shield charges?
Those are our only self-heals, except for scientists.
I have no idea - I'm still flush with currency and I bought 4 RA5 ships this week from exchange sales (only doing the daily exploration once a day).

Quote:
3. Why are some Elite Borgs invincible? Why do some Elites die quicker? Did i miss an official guide or are they bugged?
I haven't seen them be invincible. IIf you could provide more details, it could prove valuable feedback to the development team.

Quote:
4. Are Mark of Valor weapons really the last word against Borg? If so, then just slightly, so no point playing Raidisodes for Valor marks since the future Raidisodes don't even have Borg involved.
On the contrary, both PvE and the upcoming "Into the Hive" raid feature borg. The latter even has the Borg Queen.

Quote:
5. If playing endgame content keeps being this stressful, i fear the worst for STO.
Terradome is far less stressful (despite being a RA7 mission). Keep in mind that STFs are meant to be hard - the rest of the endgame content (exploration clusters, PvP) are significantly less hard.

There's a new sectorblock coming too (as well as Terradome, Into the Hive, and Children of Khan). No telling if those will be harder/easier, better/worse designed until you see them on tribble. I, for one, loved the change of pace in Terradome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 05:31 AM
Ok who gives the mission then? I finished Infected and The Cure on tribble so i can play Terradome. I didn't finish The Cure on Live and i can't find Terradome.

Well, invincible means neither his shields nor his health drops although the entire group was hammering him with everything they got. Kinda tough having him one-shotting your shields while trying to knock off the damn workers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
Ok who gives the mission then? I finished Infected and The Cure on tribble so i can play Terradome. I didn't finish The Cure on Live and i can't find Terradome.

Well, invincible means neither his shields nor his health drops although the entire group was hammering him with everything they got. Kinda tough having him one-shotting your shields while trying to knock off the damn workers.
Terradome is only available on Tribble (the test server) right now. There are still issues with it (small ones but enough that people are complaining that it's tough).

If you're RA5, you should get it via comms (your commbadge might not light up but there should be a Q for quest marker).

If not, you may already have it: it wasn't titled terradome if I recall.

I'll look it up in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 05:49 AM
correction it (undine terradome) is NOT tough, it is zergy. That is the problem and hopefully that is what they are fixing for the patch on test this weekend. And if i understand it well THAT (amongst other things) is why it won't get released on holodeck yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Damnit, my bad. Khitomer Accord is not Terradome. KA requires The Cure to be finished once i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2010, 05:00 AM
from what i hear about terradome its in the same league as Infected and The Cure but no where near as hard as the ball buster Khitomer accord. I have tried 4 or 5 times to beat KA and i get nil. and my vessel is nearly trimmed with very rares except of course for the deflector, engines, and shield. What they do need is more dailies for RA5's because its hardly worth getting on if there are only two dailies to do and STF raids that can be difficult with newbies being uncoordinated idiots(though i did coach 3 up to be clinicly good at infected with some help and they were good just needed equipment).

I to ran into the Elite tactical's brief bug when it is invincible more than 2 times in onoe sitting and it is frustrating to have him knock out shields in one shot and have the crap mobs swarm you at the same time. What i mean by invincible is that his shield and health don't fall when it is being shot, slashed, beaten, even burned. Personally i found these STF raids (KA more so to be too difficult for people trying to gather valor for equipment). STO developers need to figure what to do with their dailies and raid bugs