Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 171
05-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
The battle could go on forever i point out once agin if a store has a sale and you missed it the store is not going to sell you the same item at the sale price because you cry about it
True, but a store would still sell it to you, at reasonable price for specific individual item asked for,and not charge you based on the bundle price for things you obviously do not want, or would not be interested in Thank You, you also proved my point. I am not asking for a Champions Online Lifetime Subscription, I am asking to pay for one STO item that has nothing to do with the other game.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 172
05-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
[color="Lime"]
I do NOT think it is not fair for you to boast that you have an exclusive bonus that IS IN FACT NOT EXCLUSIVE(by CRYPTIC's OWN DEFINITION) and simply a bonus that should be made available in a multitude of ways to the STO player base. Thank you for making it so easy to present the NON EXCLUSIVE fact successfully. At anytime you may admit your were mistaken, as to the facts and Cryptic documentation offered., and say your opinion is that you don't want other player to have access to those MU uniforms set, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to state your opinion as fact, especially when your opinion is factually inaccurate.
I think you missed the part that Cryptics definition of Unique was: "Unique to that offer." (Which is definition #3 in the dictionary) It is a stronger wording than Exclusive. But ultimately only Cryptic an decide their meaning for either word, so its useless for any of us to debate the dictionary.

The best we can do is just let Cryptic know our feelings on the matter, which both sides have done. Some more nicely than others.

Meanwhile, for those that keep mentioning the TOS uniforms (not you)...The words exclusive or unique never appeared in relation to those uniforms (Or the joined Trill). But Both words appeared next to every other items in that package:

Quote:
Features
  • TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
  • Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
  • Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
  • Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
  • Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus."
  • Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed they gave it out other ways too. I gave up having a physical copy of the game (which I prefer) because I wanted those TOS uniforms. But they never said they were exclusive or unique. So I can only be annoyed at myself for not asking first, like I did back when Champions LT was offered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 173
05-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
I think you missed the part that Cryptics definition of Unique was: "Unique to that offer." (Which is definition #3 in the dictionary) It is a stronger wording than Exclusive. But ultimately only Cryptic an decide their meaning for either word, so its useless for any of us to debate the dictionary.

The best we can do is just let Cryptic know our feelings on the matter, which both sides have done. Some more nicely than others.

Meanwhile, for those that keep mentioning the TOS uniforms (not you)...The words exclusive or unique never appeared in relation to those uniforms (Or the joined Trill). But Both words appeared next to every other items in that package:



Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed they gave it out other ways too. I gave up having a physical copy of the game (which I prefer) because I wanted those TOS uniforms. But they never said they were exclusive or unique. So I can only be annoyed at myself for not asking first, like I did back when Champions LT was offered.
I saw number 3rd definition it is out of context to the post. The post only says the uniform is unique, but says nothing about the offer being unique at all.

the Champions site I quote "Lifetime subscriptions include:

"* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!"

It depend on the which advertisement you look at, steam's site promoted the DDE extras and were labeled as exclusive


I further add this, the DDE extras as they are listed currently to show the difference between EXCLUSIVE and this shows how my definition of UNIQUE is correct.

"Features


* TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
* Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
* Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
* Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
* Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus."
* Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range."


*** This post is very similar, to the Champions and it also describes UNIQUE as TYPE and not EXCLUSIVITY, to this package or this offer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 174
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
This goes back to my saying we could debate definitions all day but it only matters what Cryptic defined them as. Again, back when Champions was offered, we asked for clarification, and the Devs defined it as unique to the offer and the only method to get it.

But I should note the only things on the Champions offer that ever became available otherwise were the Character slots and Beta access. Both of which did not have either word next to them.

Which means they left Joined Trill oddly open as well to be available another method. I never saw Steam's advertisement, so cant vouch for that. But this site, Atari's and Gamestop's all had the list I posted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 175
05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
True, but a store would still sell it to you, at reasonable price for specific individual item asked for,and not charge you based on the bundle price for things you obviously do not want, or would not be interested in Thank You, you also proved my point. I am not asking for a Champions Online Lifetime Subscription, I am asking to pay for one STO item that has nothing to do with the other game.

how did i prove your point somethings are limited time offers guess i should call comcast and demand they give me the 6 month special price they're running
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 176
05-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
how did i prove your point somethings are limited time offers guess i should call comcast and demand they give me the 6 month special price they're running

That is not what your post said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
The battle could go on forever i point out once agin if a store has a sale and you missed it the store is not going to sell you the same item at the sale price because you cry about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
True, but a store would still sell it to you, at reasonable price for specific individual item asked for,and not charge you based on the bundle price for things you obviously do not want, or would not be interested in Thank You, you also proved my point. I am not asking for a Champions Online Lifetime Subscription, I am asking to pay for one STO item that has nothing to do with the other game.

Explanation
I pointed out you were right about the store not selling it to you for the sale price, BUT they would still sell it to you because it is NOT an EXCLUSIVE ITEM. So without realizing it you proved my point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 177
05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance
Deleted more rainbow bright text declaring victory

Still shouting victory eh'

So... how is that MU suit fitting you.

What.. you don't have it....

Hmm....nice victory :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 178
05-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Still shouting victory eh'

So... how is that MU suit fitting you.

What.. you don't have it....

Hmm....nice victory :p
You do not know what I have been given or what I have, I never have provided you with that information, and so you can guess how my uniforms fit......

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 179
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
You do not know what I have been given or what I have, I never have provided you with that information, and so you can guess how my uniforms fit......

If they fit anything like mine.. Like a glove.

All warm and cozy...in my MU uniform.

Just like a blanket on a cold day.

Ahhhhhh

p.s. ..

You put all your bonuses in your sig.

So much for me not knowing :-P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 180
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
If they fit anything like mine.. Like a glove.

All warm and cozy...in my MU uniform.

Just like a blanket on a cold day.

Ahhhhhh

p.s. ..

You put all your bonuses in your sig.

So much for me not knowing :-P
I put some of my bonuses in my signature, you only can deduce some of what I have.
So much for you knowing.....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 PM.