Lt. Commander
# 1 You have GOT to be kidding me!
05-14-2010, 07:55 AM
So,
I get up, start the computer, and log into STOL. I set myself in a queue and patiently wait an hour waiting for it to fill. I pop into Ghost Ship, start to play and notice I just got RB spammed from someone 20 feet away. It takes me about 5 seconds to put it all together and I realize it is LAG.
125 people logged in total I would imagine, 25 active people in ALL tiers of PvP (minus the daily stack of RA's doing daily badge runs),and I got LAG. The unplayable type. The type that pops your hypo AFTER your respawn button is timing out. Nice patch. Not only have you made weapon swapping hit or miss with this patch, but now we have nice intermittent instance lag.
Before the "internets" geniuses pipe in, I know the difference between instance lag, workstation issues, and poor connection. I get paid an obscene amount of money in the RW to know this stuff.
I try to hang in there, hope things might be slowly fixed, and it just gets worse, even with one tenth the people playing as a couple months ago.
Think I got about a week in me with these god awful queue times (Yea, no one is PvP'ing), and now, a patch that lags me and makes weapon swapping virtually impossible.
So Sad. I thank God every day I was not involved in the STOL funding.
I certainly though my subscription rate would level around 10 bucks a month, now it seems inevitable it will be about 60.
Win a few, lose a few, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Uhm maybe wrong time ? you know work,school, its friday so party day...etc ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I find screaming incoherently helps alot.
Though don't do it at work as they'll drug test you and send you to the HR department to schedule a psych appointment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Good thing I do not have to worry about that! HR reports to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep, Weapon switching IN battle does not really work now. Do not think it is intended, but oh well.
Out of battle is still fine.
Time for a break before I break my "Z" button
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2010, 03:59 AM
I see lots in the PvP queues but they are always of the same faction ... like 15 feds and one klingon so the game never starts (and vice versa). But what can you ask of teh Klingons, they have no other reason to pay besides PvP and that gets old real quick.

I think a lot of Klingon players are on Fed side just for something to do until content comes out. So, you are going to see imbalanced queses and long wait times. I really do enjoy the PvP in this game even though weapon swapping needs to be fixed.
Closed Thread