Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have 9 points in SS Weapon Systems Performance, but I can't (as an Engineer Captain) train Directed Energy Modulation III to my Engineer BOFs. It just doesn't show up as a skill I can teach. One of my Engy BOFs has DEM II, just as a note. I tested in space and on the ground. I don't have that skill to teach. According to the skill tree 9 points in SS Weapon Performance allows one to teach DEM III.

Must be a bug, so I'm reporting it.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Bumping just in case someone here knows about it. I have reported it and received AutoReply [Cryptic Studios Support #112036].

I also submitted a /bug and the ticket # is 702,580.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 03:49 AM
I have it maxed and also don't have it. I'm more concerned right now with getting my god damn missing Marks of Honor for the past two dailies I did, but being they're not going to respond with anything helpful, or better, even take action, I'm most likely officially through with this game effective whenever I wake up later today.

Also sent a ticket for both things. I imagine because I logged out in between, I lost my 700,000th place in line or some ****. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I would like to be able to train DEM III to my BO's as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Me too. Get this on the quick to fix and brag about list.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Damn i was really looking forward to get this ... without it my build isnīt complete

So letīs hope they fix it
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Ahh. 'Good' to know it's not just Science Team III that is linked to the wrong skill (if it's even trainable at all, in this case).
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
So, it's been almost 3 months since the original post and nothing has been done about this. It seems like a very very obvious bug. I was unaware of it until a week ago when I built my new spec around having DEM III. To my surprise there seems to be no way to get this skill at all in the game because it's impossible to train.

I submitted a ticket with the usual canned response. If this was a known issue, I would think it would be fixed by now. So please, if the powers that be see this let us know what's up with DEM III.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karn1v0r3 View Post
So, it's been almost 3 months since the original post and nothing has been done about this. It seems like a very very obvious bug. I was unaware of it until a week ago when I built my new spec around having DEM III. To my surprise there seems to be no way to get this skill at all in the game because it's impossible to train.

I submitted a ticket with the usual canned response. If this was a known issue, I would think it would be fixed by now. So please, if the powers that be see this let us know what's up with DEM III.
Yes. Painfully obvious bug, and unless there's something positively arcane about the UI code all they have to do to stop misleading people about this and other known inaccuracies is edit a single string of text.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
BUMP

Does anyone at Cryptic even read the bug forums? Seems like dozens of things get posted every day but I can't really think of an actual bug I've experienced that's been fixed since I started playing in February.