Lt. Commander
# 31
05-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJimGregory View Post
That's a nice engine with some great immersion qualities. Going to have to keep an eye on it as it develops.

EDIT: Never mind. Players cannot land and get out of their ships. No ground play at all. The spaceflight tech does look good, but it's an incomplete development package in my estimation.
I wouldn't be difficult to fix that however since this game is instanced. I agree this is what space should loook like , scale wise and from a gameplay persective.I loved it and this should be the direction STO took , while I understand the present layout , it's cheesy to put it kindly comparatively speaking. Failing to look at this and implement some aspects of this will just put STO further in the hole. This is the type of WOW ! factor that STO lacks.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-15-2010, 08:58 AM
STO's space flight is just fine, plus you'd rarely expect a starship to enter a planet's atmosphere anyway... not necessary.

Sector space could use some help though. Kind of takes away from the rest of the experience
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Its all very nice, but that is not how space ships move in STAR TREK. and we are playing Star Trek MMO, not a Space flight sim.

Star Trek has a lot of non realistic qualities about it and not just movement, for instance, why does no one think of torpedo tubes that face the sides, top, and bottom of the ships?
exactly

I still say revising sector space would go a long way to smoothing out the experience... don't know about cost, probably won't be simple to do
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvinn
STO's space flight is just fine,
no, its "good enough", but certainly not fine.

there's alot to be wished for when it comes to the space flight in this game.