Lt. Commander
Ok i have heard alot of talk on how great beam overload is and yes its an awesome skill with buffing my phaser shots to 7000 damage a shot however my problem is, after multiple uses i found this skill eventually disabled all my beams completely and they never repaired or could be fired again, i cast emergency power to weapons and engineer team and they still didn't repair , waited around for 20 minutes in system and they still wouldn't fire.

i understand it has a chance to take beams weapons offline but offline permanently? and this was with 125 weapon power and my beams still not firing.

i was flying around and all i could fire was my two torpedoes

i don't mind if i cant fire beams for 30 seconds or whatever but this disabled my beams permanently

The only solution was to leave the system and re-enter to get my beams to fire again.

also using beam overload what is the chance to disable weapons? can they be repaired? how long does it take?

anyone else had this happen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah bug that has been around for ages and never got fixed.
I use BO 3 and 1 and loving it. I always carry an 2nd bual beam bank ( beam array whatever) in my inventory for those situations.
Beam goes offline - finish the fight - wait till red alert is over and switch it. Works in most cases.
Not a perfect solution but still better than leaving the instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Wait for ~2 seconds after activating Beam Overload before firing, and you should be fine. Since I've started doing that, my beams haven't gone offline.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2010, 11:58 PM
use beam overload 3 and high yeild 3 in combination, charge the beam overload and the high yield, fire the torps, then unload the beam, time it based on distance to target so that the torps are just hitting as the bo3 dual beam annihilated the shields and takes out the first 25% of the fed cruisers hull, and the torps finish the ******* off, then cloak while timers reset and repeat!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes, unfortunately its a bug that has been reported for at least a couple of months now, if not during the beta. Still not fixed either which gets very frustrating at times. Happened to me again today during STF-The Cure.

If you die, it seems to reset it
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I have this same issue however after looking at the current engineering reports it seems it is something the devs are working on correcting.