Lt. Commander
# 31
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Disney is remaking Yellow Submarine in 3D I figure itll be like being on drugs, without most of the side efects!

Its going to be realesed sometime in 2012 click here to watch the original Yellow Submarine.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
movies however aren't quite as good, either the scenes have to be tailored for 3D in mind, like having lots of crud being thrown at the screen or it's lackluster and doesn't give a very deep 3D effect. When i took my niece to see avatar we both noted that half the time we forgot it was actually 3D because it just didn't stand out enough.
Actually, that's one of the reasons I found the 3D in Avatar to be superior to any others I have seen. Because they didn't throw **** at you to show off the 3D. They just made a world with depth. Whenever a 3D movie has to show off its effects, by hurling spears at the audience (Beowulf) or something similar, it makes me roll my eyes, because they are trying too hard to make it flashy, instead of concentrating on making it good.

And if you're not filming it in 3D, don't turn it in to 3D (I'm looking at you, Clash!) as a cheap attempt to make bigger box office.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Oh great just wait, I can picture more scary movies in 3D now.

Saw IV and V in 3D
Remake of I spit on your Grave in 3D
Coverfield 2 in 3D
Paranormal Activity 2 in 3D
Jeepers Creepers 3 in 3D

I can go on and on. lol
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post

Saw IV and V in 3D
Coverfield 2 in 3D
Jeepers Creepers 3 in 3D

I can go on and on. lol
You're forgetting Shazaam 2 in 3-D.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post

Saw IV and V in 3D
Coverfield 2 in 3D
Jeepers Creepers 3 in 3D

I can go on and on. lol
Call me weird, but, the so called 3-D is still just simulated. Those of us that wear glasses get headaches when trying to watch them. I wish they would stop calling them 3-D when they are still 2-D. If they were real 3-D, you could walk around them and see them from every direction.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I never liked 3-D movies, they hurt my eyes. Also I could not see the so-called 3-D effects that is supposed occur when wearing the 3-D glasses.
It's not like your old red and blue lenses any more. This 3D actually works. (Best with a CG film like A Christmas Carol (2009))

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
And were going to get 3D televisions to
They are here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...s&nrp=15&iht=n

And the 3D glasses are sold separately.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I think that right now 3-D films are pretty much a waste of time (even Avatar was just fine in 2-D). If they remaster something like Lord of the Rings and it looks good I might think about it.
More interesting to STO however is over on the10 ton Hammer site they reviewed the new Nvidea 3-D hook up for games and they said it looks great. They tried STO and some other MMOs. The idea of flying through those asteroid belts in 3-D sounds real tempting. It might even make 'find 5 whatever' ground missions interesting.
I figure I'll get a 3-D computer monitor a long time before I'll get a 3-D tv set. Not many movies that I want to see in 3-D but there are all sorts of cgi computer games I'd like to see in 3-D.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Ooo I want to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 3D nom nom nom nom
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm gonna take this time to say that i love American and all the cool stuff we make.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its the new craze but it will die down after a while, much like it did before

all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again
Like he said it comes in cycles but they are coming out with the new 3-D blue-ray players and 3-D monitors it may be around a little longer in this cycle.