Lt. Commander
I have been wondering about this for a while.

Its only happened to me maybe 3 times in a few hundred space battles
but its really kind of weird.

OK, what I think it is, is the proc from Beam Target Subsystems Engines.
What happens is I lose all ability to control my forward movement.
I have had that happen from TSE but usually I can up my engine power
hit engineering team and it goes away but a few times is just never goes away.
I have literally waited 5 minutes and nothing changed.
The only way to get it back was to be killed.

If I used powers like EM or EPtE or ramming speed I could gain forward movement for as long as they run but as soon as they wore off I lost all speed again. I used Engineering team multiple times and still nothing.

Is this a Stacking issue, a Bug and if its a bug is it exploited, or is it something I totally missed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
I have been wondering about this for a while.

Its only happened to me maybe 3 times in a few hundred space battles
but its really kind of weird.

OK, what I think it is, is the proc from Beam Target Subsystems Engines.
What happens is I lose all ability to control my forward movement.
I have had that happen from TSE but usually I can up my engine power
hit engineering team and it goes away but a few times is just never goes away.
I have literally waited 5 minutes and nothing changed.
The only way to get it back was to be killed.

If I used powers like EM or EPtE or ramming speed I could gain forward movement for as long as they run but as soon as they wore off I lost all speed again. I used Engineering team multiple times and still nothing.

Is this a Stacking issue, a Bug and if its a bug is it exploited, or is it something I totally missed?
is it pulling you back to the same spot? it may be a gravity well issue (i'll explain it if it does)
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
is it pulling you back to the same spot? it may be a gravity well issue (i'll explain it if it does)
Yeah, I definitely seen the gravity bug in PvP and PvE cause some weird behaviour. Considering Evasive and or Ramming is how I get out of the gravity effects in PvP, I'm leaning towards that.

As for the bug, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the gravity "black hole" persists after the power goes away. So you'll end up with gravity well effects scattered on the map if someone's using it a lot. I've noticed it when my ship suddenly starts getting pulled sideways with nothing in the vicinity.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Now that you mention it I was getting puilled back to the same spot.

I thought Attack Pattern Omega was a counter to gravity well.
I know I used it while I was stuck because I was still able to kill a couple ships that decided to get close.

It sounds like that was the bug. Thats a weird one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Now that you mention it I was getting puilled back to the same spot.

I thought Attack Pattern Omega was a counter to gravity well.
I know I used it while I was stuck because I was still able to kill a couple ships that decided to get close.

It sounds like that was the bug. Thats a weird one.
It's a fairly nasty bug, what happens is the pull effect doesn't expire when the gravity well expires. The only way to actually clear it is to blow up and respawn - and yes, it is as dumb as it sounds. people have reported it ALOT and it still hasn't been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
It's a fairly nasty bug, what happens is the pull effect doesn't expire when the gravity well expires. The only way to actually clear it is to blow up and respawn - and yes, it is as dumb as it sounds. people have reported it ALOT and it still hasn't been fixed.
strange, ive not yet encountered anything of the sort. but i did have a couple of incidents like the op. they did get fixed with ET but as you stated u used that and did not work must be something else.

i wonder, are u sure that was the only debuff effecting you. maybe its like ST. sometimes i use it to clear a JS but it doesnt go away. i think the issue there is multiple debuffs and only one is cleared with a ST. maybe the same thing happened here for your ET. just a thougt
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh crap... I spam the hell out of Gravity Well in my BoP. What's worse, I think I even reported this bug a week or so ago when I got caught and kept getting pulled back to nothing. I didn't realize it was Gravity Well.

Guess I'll be swapping that ability out next time I make it to the trainer. Sorry to anybody I screwed up with my spamming... >_<
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
One other thing that can do this is Boarding Party, though you rarely see it in PvP because BP is a laughable skill 95% of the time. IF it lands, however, the little *******s will go around disabling subsystems for a non-trivial amount of time, and it doesn't apply a debuff icon.

Every so often my Battlecruiser will just stop dead in space for 10-15 seconds while I scratch my head. Usually, after looking through my combat log, it ends up being a boarding party crew.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
One other thing that can do this is Boarding Party, though you rarely see it in PvP because BP is a laughable skill 95% of the time. IF it lands, however, the little *******s will go around disabling subsystems for a non-trivial amount of time, and it doesn't apply a debuff icon.

Every so often my Battlecruiser will just stop dead in space for 10-15 seconds while I scratch my head. Usually, after looking through my combat log, it ends up being a boarding party crew.
Yea I have run into boarding parties. Tac team will normally get rid of them.