Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
In the last week ro so, Ive noticed that once get passed the first cap node near the Klingon side, or pass the Star Base cap node heading toward the center of the map, etc, that I get really bad stutters/lag for a second or two. Sometimes it is 2-3 stutters in rapid succession as a I make way into the center of the map.

I havent had this issue at all until very recent. Im not worried about hardware...I more than exceed the min requirments or even the recommeneded. Could be a vid card driver? Perhaps, I'll check and self there was a new release in the last weeks.

In the meantime, I want to beat the bushes from both ends and see if anyone else has noticed the stutters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I just came from a couple of rounds in that map, and a few last night. I didn't have any problems with lag or stuttering, however I did get stuck once in the Gravity Well-that-isn't bug.

Although I did notice some stuttering like you mention last night in two of the daily cluster missions in the Azlesa Expanse. Three of us were in Carriers launching fighters, so I chalked it up to that. I'll have a look in a bit to see if I notice anything.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I've had really bad lag looking toward the center of that map since I turned my dynamic light sources up to 5. I figured it was probably just the fact that I can see so much of the map (and other players) from this location that it really was just choking my graphics card. I'm not sure I'd categorize what I saw as a "stutter" either.

I turned it back down to 3, but haven't played the map since then, so I can't say whether it did anything. Sorry.