Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
My original character, Rear Admiral Gunther Falcone, is bugged. I'm just now reporting it because it took me a while to realize that it was specific to this character.

Here's the issue: whenever I get the "Choose Your Away Team" window I do not have the ability to choose my away team. The selection bars are simply greyed out. I didn't think much of it, there's so many bugs in this game I just figured that it'd get worked out eventually. However, I noticed that my friends do have the ability to select their away team members, both solo and when teamed.

I have since created several new characters. With these characters I DO have the ability to select which bridge officers to take with me when I beam down. With my original character though I still do not have the ability to choose my away team.

Screen shots:

Beaming down alone http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8825/soloawayteam.jpg

Beaming down on a team http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/918...edawayteam.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Please try the following workaround:

In your Status window, open up your Assignments tab. Reassign your standard away team to be all Security.

If this does not work, try unassigning and reasssigning all of your ship stations as well.

Can you tell me if you ever discharged a BOff who was currently assigned somewhere?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Please try the following workaround:

In your Status window, open up your Assignments tab. Reassign your standard away team to be all Security.

If this does not work, try unassigning and reasssigning all of your ship stations as well.

Can you tell me if you ever discharged a BOff who was currently assigned somewhere?

Thanks!
This happens to me, too. It has remained throughout my various ship changes; I've never tried to unassaign all the officers from their stations but they have all been unassigned at one point or another from ship changes. I have tried unassigning officers from the away team, but it won't let me.

I have never discharged and BOs after they were accepted to my bridge crew.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the quick response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Why yes. I have had several officers transfer to other duty stations. I don't remember if they were assigned to stations or not though.

I'll log in and try your work arounds. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I went and got a mission to explore the B'Tran Cluster. I also got the mission to Chart the B'Tran Cluster (Daily). Did you know that those missions will complete concurrently? This allows you to earn exploration badges and marks of exploration simultaneously. Is it supposed to work that way?

Anyway, I had to drop the first exploration mission as it was bugged. The ship that we picked up on sensors having problems was nowhere to be found in system.

The second mission, System 1071-B Patrol, went just fine except that at the end the Starfleet officer I was speaking to called me Rear AdmiralGunther Falcone, instead of Rear Admiral Gunther Falcone. Though you should know that in casual conversation you'd never call someone Rear Admiral, you'd simply say Admiral. Calling someone Rear Admiral or Vice Admiral is only done during introductions or during formal occasions. Otherwise it's the same as having your mom call you by your first and middle name.

I completed that mission, and the third mission and never got the chance to beam down. While I'm at it, is now a good time to mention that I've never gotten and Aid the Planet mission. Is that a bug? I mean I've done dozens of explore missions, I got Falcone from Capt 7 to Rear Admiral doing nothing but explore missions and not a single Aid the Planet mission.

I did try to switch the away team assignments out from my status screen, but Security wasn't a listed option, so I just switched to other bridge officers.

I went to another cluster and finally got a mission that wanted me to beam down, but I still do not have the option to choose my away team. Just as before the bars are greyed out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Same for me. I removed all bridge assignments and then re-assigned them and still have no ability to choose away team members when given the option to beam down.

Normally this is not an obstacle, but when you're in a group and someone wants you to bring a specific type of officer with you to fill the gap because you're the only one who can choose an away team filler, it makes people upset.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Cannot Choose Away Team
05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I have had exactly the same problem from day one.
The Box says 'Choose Away Team" but it's ghosted.

Last night, a friend of mine created a new character on my account.
His "Choose Away Team" works perfectly every time!
(I thought - "Hooray! it's been fixed". But I was wrong - it only works for his character)

So it IS character-specific, apparently.

If unteamed, you can always work around it by going to Assignments, but it's a pain!
If teamed, it's a serious problem.

HELP, CRYPTIC!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
A Fleet member still has this bug. Just wondering if they are still working on this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun
A Fleet member still has this bug. Just wondering if they are still working on this.
Yes. Actually this is the old thread. I ended up starting another one here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=152633

I sent a bunch of PM's (which were ignored), and finally ran into DScotty on the test server. He responded in the new thread. Cryptic is finally aware of this problem.

No ETA on when it will get fixed though.