Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP Missions from Calhoune?
04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
It would help if he would tell you which PvP missions he wanted you to do for dailys.

Instead you have to fish for them.

He says, "Hostile Encounters or Border Skirmishes."

What he means is, "Guess wether it's Craked Planetoid/ Solar wind or Large/ Small Border Skirmish."
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
It would help if he would tell you which PvP missions he wanted you to do for dailys.

Instead you have to fish for them.

He says, "Hostile Encounters or Border Skirmishes."

What he means is, "Guess wether it's Craked Planetoid/ Solar wind or Large/ Small Border Skirmish."
if you actually think about them for a while then they kinda become a little more obvious.

but if you want a list:
reclaim the neutral zone (daily) = capture and hold
into the fray (daily) = ker'ret warzone
pacify enemy heros (daily) = team deathmatch
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
This is a valid concern. I've managed to suss out which is which, but new PVPers (which we desperately need) might find this to be just another confusing time-waster that will cause them to give up on PVP altogether. I hope the mission text can be made much more clear. Just because experienced PVPers have figured this out doesn't mean it can't be improved for beginners.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I thought the wording was identical for both choices thus the guess effect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I thought the wording was identical for both choices thus the guess effect.
border skirmish = C&H
hostile engagements = arena
war zone = ker'rat
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you I will try it tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 7 bull
05-18-2010, 09:59 PM
hmm, sounds like bull, ill try again, doing 10 pvp waiting hours with mostly lop sided teams just to get the 3 i need daily, well done cryptic, its no wonder i cancelled my account already once
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anium View Post
dont buy that bull$#%@ ive been doing 10 pvp a day just to get credit on the 3. its either bugged or they need to be more specific. what, do they give you a free account to lie for them? there is nothing ovious about it
Timestamp young padawon. This thread is over a month old. At the time the quests were working properly (the deathmatch one is just bugged). This has happened (once) before. Cryptic is fairly decent when it comes to handling these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 9 uggg
05-18-2010, 10:10 PM
this is the only post that comes up when i do a search for Pacify enemy heros. if its bugged recently, you would think the forum search would have picked up something more resent or is that bugged too? /looks are his EQ2 accout again. this is just getting me ****ed off, its bad enough haveing to do 3 pvp for the damn medals but i have to do 10 or more of the miss matched events. its enought to make me snap
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-18-2010, 10:13 PM
bug it in game, record the bug ticket, and make a thread similar to this one:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=showstopper

if you title it "SHOWSTOPPER - cracked planetoid pvp's not updating" or closely related to it, explain the bug, and give the bug ID number then cryptic can help get a bug fix out faster

I would Bug it myself, but I'm a little busy atm