Lt. Commander
# 21
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I actually thought about it for a while.......then i realized i would be a complete total idiotic ****** if i did something so.....retarded.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
how many will be willing to pay $225 for it thats the equivalant of 5 accounts
If they release the ship with the cloak, and it is the only way to get the cloak, that is how I plan on getting it. I don't solicit people, let alone my own friends. I will give away the copies (to friends) and pay for them to have one month sub. Of course they will grow bored quickly, unless some major revamps are in store (and not the C-store).

Anyways, I would pay the 225 for the cloak, I want to be able to have game-play advantage like the people who solicit!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-18-2010, 07:20 PM
i know 225 is insane but thats how much cryptic makes off each ship they give for the raf it's funny i keep pointing out that there isn't a time limit at least not yet but yet all i keep seeing is people who want an easier way to get it if cryptic caves on this then noone will ever bother with their promos again cuz if whine they will cave so why work for anything
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
i know 225 is insane but thats how much cryptic makes off each ship they give for the raf it's funny i keep pointing out that there isn't a time limit at least not yet but yet all i keep seeing is people who want an easier way to get it if cryptic caves on this then noone will ever bother with their promos again cuz if whine they will cave so why work for anything
I have never once said there needs to be an "easier way". All I have said is that I disagree with them giving the ship a cloak, when no other federation ship can cloak. That is giving a playing advantage to folks, that isn't kosher (IMO of course.)

I agree with them releasing the X as a promo item. I agree with them putting the X as the RAF promo item. I do NOT agree with them giving RAF folks a gameplay advantage, and that only involves the "maybe" cloak.

So yes, you guys that have gotten the 5 referrals, I agree your ship should remain yours. Will it? Hard to say, look at the "Lifers only" starbase. Now, can you guys give a little and at least admit that the cloak is a little underhanded? Maybe not, maybe you truly believe that people with more "means" deserve a better game...(CLOAK ONLY, not ship)
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
again the cloak has not been confirmed yet dstahl said it was a rumour
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
again the cloak has not been confirmed yet dstahl said it was a rumour
Correct.

I was just pointing out that not all of us are crying foul about the ship

You guys deserve a reward for your efforts, all I have a beef with is the cloak. And as you pointed out, 'tis a rumor. Hence why I am waiting to see what happens

Again, not all of us think you guys are evil nasties for getting referrals. Some of us just want to make sure the game stays equal (Again, ignoring PvP and Klingon, those are just big messes right now.)
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Providing items which affect gameplay by any means other than in-game puts STO squarely in the ********* and F2P calibre of games. The gangrene in STO has certainly taken hold.

But then again, it's a game based on a TV show ... what did we expect?

Future Cryptic titles:

Gilligan's Island online ... for 500 C-Store credits you get the plans to the seashell radio.

The Munsters Online ... refer 50 suckers and get the hearse dragster.

Bevery Hillbillies Online ... put a Cryptic sign on your lawn and get the exclusive double barrelled possum gun!

I'm just sayin ...
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willatreides View Post
Gilligan's Island online ... for 500 C-Store credits you get the plans to the seashell radio.

The Munsters Online ... refer 50 suckers and get the hearse dragster.

Bevery Hillbillies Online ... put a Cryptic sign on your lawn and get the exclusive double barrelled possum gun!

I'm just sayin ...
Actually, that would be better compared to this:

GIO: Extend your game play to a full 3 hour tour! Only 500 points in the C-Store!

tMO: RAF has been started! Refer 50 friends and get a COLOR Herman that can scare away NPC's just by stomping his feet!

BHO: Special event "Come on back now, ya hear?" weekend! Previous players can rehash the good times this weekend, if you re-subscribe you will get a new costume piece: "Shoeless feet"

Sorry, just wanted to make sure the "prizes" matched the current ones.

TaEASGJO: Order a large drink at "Nowhere near you!" and get a limited edition Chippy and Rascal set!
(I forgot about the Del Taco promo :p )