Still just one million? Let me refer you and I double his offer. :p
Lt. Commander
# 1152
05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Still just one million? Let me refer you and I double his offer. :p
LMAO

Hey did they ever say what happens if you give out all your referrals and none of your referrals take the monthly sub?
Lt. Commander
# 1153
05-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
You know what... heres a great way to have a real laugh with this promotion.

Get 5 people to subscribe = Get Galaxy-X

Player only has the Galaxy-X as long as those 5 REMAIN active.

If they leave / become in-active - Galaxy-X Removed from player

Yeah... those folks that go and cheat to buy it for themselves will have to maintain 5 seperate accounts to keep the Galaxy-X in their inventory thus providing Cryptic a SUSTAINED income for development.

6x$20 a month, every month = $120

DO IT CRYPTIC !!!!

I agree with this. This is very unfair of you cyrptic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
For gods sake cryptic don't listen to this it's hard enough to get 5 people to buy the game and then sub for 30 days anything more is ridiculous
I agree with both of these statements.
Lt. Commander
# 1154
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
LMAO

Hey did they ever say what happens if you give out all your referrals and none of your referrals take the monthly sub?
You don't get the ship. It's kinda crummy because even if you do get 5 people to buy the game, if they play if for 30 days and then decide "hey, this game has no end game content, I'm done" (which many likely will), then you get nothing. They have to subscribe and, from what I've heard, you don't get the rewards until their subs kick in, so not until after their 30 days are up. Cryptic apparently wanted to make it almost impossible for people to get the ship, even if they get 5 people to buy, which is an accomplishment in itself. I think that they should have lowered it to 1 or 2 at max, as WoW only requires 1 for the special mount.
Lt. Commander
# 1155
05-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel118 View Post
. They have to subscribe and, from what I've heard, you don't get the rewards until their subs kick in, so not until after their 30 days are up.
Buying the game doesn't count AND it take's five? Wow that's pretty crappy on Cryptic's part.
Lt. Commander
# 1156
05-19-2010, 05:21 PM
The point of this promotion is to get new people into this game and KEEP them here to provide a sustainable income to Cryptic.

Thus, I will happily concede the Galaxy-X being an exclusive deal to this program IF it becomes mandatory that 5 players must remain in this game for the Galaxy-X to remain in the recruiter inventory.

For fairness... lets make it a longer period... lets say... 3 months.

Keep 5 of your recruits in the game for 3 months, you get the Galaxy-X permanantly.

However, from 1 - 3 months of subscription if the person has less than 5 people subscribed = Galaxy-X Removed.

For added fairness, increased the amount of active invites to 10, that way someone can have up to 10 Referals active if their REALLY good.

Result:

The cheaters have a harder time paying for it
The game gets a sustainable income from the cheaters that DO go for it.
That sustainable income can be used to improve the game for ALL of us.

The chances of ACTUAL recruiters getting FRIENDS into the game goes up rather than the shameful shilling that goes on now. Thus with friends being invited there is less chance of these shameful shillers just bribing / coercing and blackmailing random folks who have no interest in the game and will leave in short order.

Yeah, that would be fun addition to this program.
Lt. Commander
# 1157
05-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The point of this promotion is to get new people into this game and KEEP them here to provide a sustainable income to Cryptic.

Thus, I will happily concede the Galaxy-X being an exclusive deal to this program IF it becomes mandatory that 5 players must remain in this game for the Galaxy-X to remain in the recruiter inventory.

For fairness... lets make it a longer period... lets say... 3 months.

Keep 5 of your recruits in the game for 3 months, you get the Galaxy-X permanantly.

However, from 1 - 3 months of subscription if the person has less than 5 people subscribed = Galaxy-X Removed.

For added fairness, increased the amount of active invites to 10, that way someone can have up to 10 Referals active if their REALLY good.

Result:

The cheaters have a harder time paying for it
The game gets a sustainable income from the cheaters that DO go for it.
That sustainable income can be used to improve the game for ALL of us.

The chances of ACTUAL recruiters getting FRIENDS into the game goes up rather than the shameful shilling that goes on now. Thus with friends being invited there is less chance of these shameful shillers just bribing / coercing and blackmailing random folks who have no interest in the game and will leave in short order.

Yeah, that would be fun addition to this program.
again terrible idea we can't control people to stay 3 months i'm guessing you won't be getting the ship because if you were you wouldn't suggest such a thing so this all goes back to i want it but i can't have it
Lt. Commander
# 1158
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
again terrible idea we can't control people to stay 3 months i'm guessing you won't be getting the ship because if you were you wouldn't suggest such a thing so this all goes back to i want it but i can't have it
No, it all comes down to "I want a special cartoon spaceship in a video game all to my self because it will make me feel important and special."

Oh, and seriously, punctuation is your friend.
Lt. Commander
# 1159
05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
it's got nothing to do with feeling special it has everything to do with people not willing to work for what they want

cryptic: here's a new ship refer 5 friends and you get it
whiners: i don't want to do that let me get another way
Lt. Commander
# 1160
05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
No, It comes down to we want an equalizer to the badly skewed towards Klingons game mechanics.

This ship will do nicely.
Closed Thread