Lt. Commander
Just a thought on why I think STO isnt a waste of my money.

1. It's about Star Trek

2. When I spend 30/40 on a computer game, I'm lucky if it lasts more than a week before I've finished the game and it starts collecting dust on a shelf. At least with STO I know I get to play it for 30 days without finishing it and am not left twiddleing my thumbs. I then have the option to subscribe and continue playing if I liked the game that much.

I cant think of many games that take me more than a month to complete, unless I want to go all out and get every achievement,100% exploration etc.

I know there are a lot of people who think it was released too soon, too buggy, not enough content, but as I have noticed on other forums and on reviews most mmo's start out this way.

What are your views?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Too serious....DO NOT WANT! -_-
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Barric, did you see the sign on the forums that said serious discussion topics?

you want to know why you didn't see the sign that said serious discussion topics?

because we don't want serious discussion topics here because discussing topics is not our jobs *PUNT* jumping Jimmie. Who is training this noobs?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I agree with Barric. Yeah, STO has some problems of not enough content and an iffy AI, but on the whole it is a fun experience.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Barric, did you see the sign on the forums that said serious discussion topics?

you want to know why you didn't see the sign that said serious discussion topics?

because we don't want serious discussion topics here because discussing topics is not our jobs *PUNT* jumping Jimmie. Who is training this noobs?
And after I pointed out the Easter egg in Dr who for you. Oh no wait,that cant have been in here, too serious a discussion for here!
I''m sorry for posting in the wrong room...I shall bow to your wisdom and never post again *sobs crouching in corner afraid of capulets wicked tongue*
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
DANCE (that's right.)

p.s. STO = Fun
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
DANCE (that's right.)

p.s. STO = Fun
*bounce* Oooo not as fun as dance parties! but close.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree. And that's the beauty of the MMO. If you just want to fly around in a starship and see the sights of the trek universe, you can do that. If you want to play at a more serious level, try to do every mission, collect every rare weapon/item/whatever, you can do that. If you just like the social aspect and just BSing with other players, you can do that.

The bugs and lack of content bother some people, but any MMO is going to be like that when its new.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
*Does the "raise the roof" dance*
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I loves it.

But at the same time, I know nothing about games and I'm not a gamer. So the content or whatever people care about might be lacking and I don't even know about that kind of stuff.

Wow. I don't think that made any sense. If you can translate my thinkings into words people can understand, I will give you a cookie.
Closed Thread