Lt. Commander
Seriously - this is a huge problem!

It's still zoomed too far out, so instead of the previous settings (far off, medium, and close-up), the choices are all still really small (stupidly far off, far off, and verging-on-workable...). No idea why this is the case, as I can't imagine why anyone would need to zoom that far out while customising the fine detail on their ships.

To make matters worse, with things like materials and (especially) window types, because it's impossible to see how they'll look on the ship, it's ends up becoming a guessing game as to how it'll affect the ship's apperance - you only see the result when flying your ship, so the only way to correct any mistakes is to go make to the nearest space station, go to the ship 'tailor'...

...and fork over the energy credits. EVERY single time. Grrr...!!

Granted, it's not going to stop me playing the game - it's just a bug, and not a show-stopping one. But it does suck the fun out of what should be one of the most enjoyable parts of the STO experience - creating your own personalised starship. I know I'm not the only person who finds this issue aggravating.

Basically, if it's possible to get the zoom back to it's original settings, that'd be fantastic - the in-flight zoom is incredible, and curiously enough, the KDF ship customisation screen isn't affected, so in theory, it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

To any of the Devs who might (hopefully!) catch this, thanks for reading - hope you can add this to the next set of Patch fixes!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes I totally agree. I am not sure why cryptic is dragging their feet on this issue but it is quite annoying that a person cannot zoom in as far as they used to and really get a good idea on what their new ship will look like. Please fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Want a subtle hint?

Read the latest patch notes on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Just looked up that thread - found it!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...98&postcount=1

That's awesome news - thanks, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I noticed this problem too when the patch came out fixing a bug where you're zooming too close to your ship while flying it. I'm speculating the camera mode for both are the same but i agree with the OP.

Can you imagine the pain of customizing your Runabout when it's just a tiny speck on your screen???
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I've been searching the forums and I can't find a way to raise the max zoom in the ship custom screen. The patch notes mentioned earlier in this topic say they slightly increased the zoom, but it's not enough. If i can change this with a /command, I'd appreciate any help with finding a list of those commands, i can't seem to find those either.

..i suck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranktank
I've been searching the forums and I can't find a way to raise the max zoom in the ship custom screen. The patch notes mentioned earlier in this topic say they slightly increased the zoom, but it's not enough. If i can change this with a /command, I'd appreciate any help with finding a list of those commands, i can't seem to find those either.

..i suck.
Admitting it is the first step.

Anyways... It's on Tribble. Don't think its gone live yet.
Once it goes live you will see it. Will see it indeed. When the front of the saucer smacks you in the face because you zoomed in to fast. :p