Lt. Commander
I received a promotion from Captain to Rear Admiral and I came across something that made me want to ask this question. I tried searching for what the offical ranks are, but all I found was opinions and no facts.

After being promotted, I tried to promote one of my commanders to Captain - but it said that rank I needed was "Admiral" and I am only a "Rear Admiral" does this mean I have several more "Admiral" levels to go through even though I have access to all of the ships? - One Admiral Pip vs. Four.

Or is the highest rank my officers can get is "Commander"?

And I was under the impression that you are "Captain" of the ship regardless of your real rank until you reach Admiral level - then they refer you to Admiral.

Such as " Admiral - enemy ships locking weapons" vs. "Captain - enemy ships locking weapons".
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx102 View Post
I received a promotion from Captain to Rear Admiral and I came across something that made me want to ask this question. I tried searching for what the offical ranks are, but all I found was opinions and no facts.

After being promotted, I tried to promote one of my commanders to Captain - but it said that rank I needed was "Admiral" and I am only a "Rear Admiral" does this mean I have several more "Admiral" levels to go through even though I have access to all of the ships? - One Admiral Pip vs. Four.

And I was under the impression that you are "Captain" of the ship regardless of your real rank until you reach Admiral level - then they refer you to Admiral.

Such as " Admiral - enemy ships locking weapons" vs. "Captain - enemy ships locking weapons".
highest rank for BOs at this time is Cmdr. It isnot known nor has been hinted at if any of that will change sicne that would mean technically that you would lose your BOs to commanding thier own ship(s).
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Commander is the highest rank a BO can achieve. I somehow bugged one of my BOs to captain tough.

I dunno how, but it happend, and it happend when i was LC. Yeah, i was a LC with a captain BO. :p

Just to be clear: The captain BO doesn't have any more skills than a Cmdr. I'ts basiclly a Cmdr. the only difference is the pins in the "Status" window.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm just posting here because it's opposite day in Ten Forward, where I normally stay. Does this make a me a troll?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
I'm just posting here because it's opposite day in Ten Forward, where I normally stay. Does this make a me a troll?
Dunno, I'll report your post and if you get an infraction against your account then you will know you are.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
Dunno, I'll report your post and if you get an infraction against your account then you will know you are.
Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 7 Beating a dead Horse
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Ranks have been well know for while to any Star Trek fan how want to look them up. The Commodore rank is still use in Star Trek. It is no longer uesd in the real world.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Admiral, Fleet Admiral being the highest
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Same mystery for me. Also have been looking for threads about leveling from R. Admiral to Admiral. Believe doing Infected, etc. is the path. Not quite sure if I've missed something yet. Solidering on for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx102 View Post

Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattpaw
Same mystery for me. Also have been looking for threads about leveling from R. Admiral to Admiral. Believe doing Infected, etc. is the path. Not quite sure if I've missed something yet. Solidering on for now.
RA is the highest rank a player can achvie for the moment (max being RA 5). RA5+ is being added later thsi year. As for BOs: The highest rank they can achive is Cmdr.