Lt. Commander
# 31
05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
yup. and you got to remember one thing . its about the buck now if CBS thinks they can make good money off of something they will do it just look at JJ film case closed lol
Nice try. CBS made zero dollars on JJ Trek, because Paramount does the movies, not CBS. CBS has the shows, not the movies.

The Borg Collective should never be playable, mostly because they cannot be playable in a way that would be enjoyable for the person playing them, without devastating canon or making them very overpowered in PvP. Borg are not only told what to do, but how to do it, every step of the way. Nobody would want to play that.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Nice try. CBS made zero dollars on JJ Trek, because Paramount does the movies, not CBS. CBS has the shows, not the movies.

The Borg Collective should never be playable, mostly because they cannot be playable in a way that would be enjoyable for the person playing them, without devastating canon or making them very overpowered in PvP. Borg are not only told what to do, but how to do it, every step of the way. Nobody would want to play that.
not enjoyable for you. not the others who voted on having them a playbel race in the poll
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Expired Comment
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Hugh, Seven of Nine and all those effected by Unimatrix Zero may disagree with you there...
I see what you did there. You only quoted the part of my post that supports your opinion while leaving out the previous line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
Individual liberated Borg are one thing. The Collective is another.
I'm sorry, but playing a drone in the Collective is just not fun, and honestly, Cryptic needs to make more content for the Feds and Klingons before they introduce the Romulans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So much for Rodenberry believing that all cultures could one day find peace and redeem themselves.

Or the episodes where Borg were freed and still managed to be less annoying than Wesley:
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/I_Borg_%28episode%29
See my line above about individual Borg (which can be liberated). Hugh was the prototype Liberated Borg.

In the far future, maybe, but now there is no way either the Borg or the Undine should be playable. As is, the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassians can all put aside differences and work toward a common goal if the problem is big enough.

Right now though, there are no two problems greater than the Borg and the Undine.

Oh...and how are the Jem'Hadar and the Dominion and the Founders getting along with the Federation as a whole? Not well right now. Probably not well for the forseeable future.