Lt. Commander
# 11
05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't think the Federation should have them as standard on their ships, but cloaking devices should be purchasable from players who are Romulan or Klingon. That would make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
this ship should no be allowed as it's not canon, despite being seen in only one episode and a non-established alternate universe at that, and a violation of the Treaty of Algeron
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-21-2010, 02:42 PM
last I heard the treaty no longer existed =/
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I think cloaking devices should be something we can put in the device slot of our ships, but i also think we should get more device types, otherwise our only option will be a cloaking device, for those who don't use batteries
YES....DEVEOPERS, are you LISTENING.... WE WANT CLOAK...WE WANT CLOAK... WE WANT CLOAK
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
YES....DEVEOPERS, are you LISTENING.... WE WANT CLOAK...WE WANT CLOAK... WE WANT CLOAK
Then roll a Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Then I say (a) move the cloak to a device slot, and (b) allow feds the ability to get a cloaking device either in a drop or a mission reward. Remember the Enterprise got one by stealing it from a Romulan vessel.

Time to put cloak on my Blue-Beam enterprises.... I would just LOVE using a cloak as Lt6. PvP would never be the same... HAhahahaa
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Then I say (a) move the cloak to a device slot, and (b) allow feds the ability to get a cloaking device either in a drop or a mission reward. Remember the Enterprise got one by stealing it from a Romulan vessel.
Good suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:

Time to put cloak on my Blue-Beam enterprises.... I would just LOVE using a cloak as Lt6. PvP would never be the same... HAhahahaa
Feds don't need cloak and they shouldn't have cloak. PERIOD
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
The canon reason for Starfleet not having cloak(the treaty with the Romulans) is gone. The only question is whether or not it would unbalance PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The canon reason for Starfleet not having cloak(the treaty with the Romulans) is gone. The only question is whether or not it would unbalance PvP.
Actually no the treaty isn't gone.

I did some checking the other night on dissolving treaties including treaties that no longer have a second party. All treaties have a method of dissolution. In the cases where the one of the previous parties no longer exists or no longer exists in the form that created the treaty the treaty is not automatically nulled. Since the Romulan government still exists and there has been no dissolution to the treaty then the treaty is in effect. There has been no formal declaration of war by the Romulans or by the Federation then the Federation is still bound by the Treaty of Algeron until such time as a formal declaration of war OR the Federation council votes to disolve the treaty.