Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
No sir i do not argue, I just point out the factual documentation, summarize, and then provide the resource links the facts are summarized from. I find you arguments Illogical and outside the realm of establish facts.
This is The United States of American and I was sworn to uphold and protect your rights under the 1st Amendment to freedom of speech, so you may speak your opinion, no matter how ludicrous or factually incorrect they are, you are still entitled to right to have an opinion.
At least you stopped using every color in the rainbow. You are slowly getting better.

You dismiss anybody that does not agree with you. Once again,.. this is Cryptic's decision. Not yours. All the lawyering in the world and debating what the meaning of "is" is will not change the nature of this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
And why shouldn't they? They're paying more money and they're supporting the game even more then the first people that got it. They dish out 4 (!) extra months of subscription fees.

Keep in mind that that extra money also helps Cryptic support and improve the game you love to play. It doesn't hurt you in any way if he has access to it as well.

Anyways, he already got the borg now, so I guess you lose.

Cryptic <3
i guess things don't change when we were babies and would cry people gave us what we wanted
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
At least you stopped using every color in the rainbow. You are slowly getting better.

You dismiss anybody that does not agree with you. Once again,.. this is Cryptic's decision. Not yours. All the lawyering in the world and debating what the meaning of "is" is will not change the nature of this.
I do not dismiss people, I dismiss opinions that are in opposition of printed fact. If you opinion is outside of the printed facts it is easily dismissed by most if not all. When I have an opinion I do not pass it off as fact, I state that it is my opinion. I have the right to voice my opinion in opposition of the things I feel are unjust, If Cryptic listens to it they only stand to gain. If they do not listen I will denounce my consumer loyalty, and will see to it everyone I know understands my position. I will refuse to support both Cryptic and Atari's future endeavors. That is my prerogative if this or any other company fails to satisfy their commitments and or "Exclusive" Prelaunch Investor package. It is entirely to soon to give away this type of package, I had to pull resources to invest in this package upon its release.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
I state that it is my opinion. I have the right to voice my opinion in opposition of the things I feel are unjust, If Cryptic listens to it they only stand to gain.
They stand to lose. You are not seeing that. If they give everybody everything that was ever listed as an exclusive or unique item.. what they have done is destroyed the credibility of any promotional product that they wish to use in the future for any game.

This would be the equivalent of a store offering a one time sale on an item ... but then going backwards and forwards from the point of that sale and giving all future and past costumers the sale price from that and every sale that is to come.

What would the incentive be to ever shop during one of their sales?

This would be shooting the credibility of any offer they were to ever make from this point on.... all to appease the masses that refused to pay for it when it came out to begin with.

Do you lose the customer you KNOW pay good money for things... to placate the ones that are not willing to.

Not a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
I do not dismiss people, I dismiss opinions that are in opposition of printed fact. If you opinion is outside of the printed facts it is easily dismissed by most if not all. When I have an opinion I do not pass it off as fact, I state that it is my opinion. I have the right to voice my opinion in opposition of the things I feel are unjust, If Cryptic listens to it they only stand to gain.
Cocky much you don't think cryptic stands to lose if they start giving away rewards that some of us paid alot of money for? If cryptic gives into all the whining I for one will not spend anymore money on their products I'll just come here and whine like everyone else and get what I want that way
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
Cocky much you don't think cryptic stands to lose if they start giving away rewards that some of us paid alot of money for? If cryptic gives into all the whining I for one will not spend anymore money on their products I'll just come here and whine like everyone else and get what I want that way
I would agree they stand to lose credibility when you give away " EXCLUSIVES" Especially STO Prelaunch Lifetime Investor "EXCLUSIVES"
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
/QFT

This is all it really comes down to. All this lawyering over terms to try to rip items others have paid for out of their hands, because they have somehow wronged the people who didn't pay for them.

I don't care about the Captain's Table and similar post-launch bonuses. That was never part of the original deal anyway. That was a bonus. Things that they do outside of the original deal are just that... outside.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
I would agree they stand to lose credibility when you give away " EXCLUSIVES" Especially STO Prelaunch Lifetime Investor "EXCLUSIVES"
And here we go again. You are going in circles. There have been tons of posts addressing this issue with you. Both the terms Unique and Exclusive have been used to describe the MU uniforms. You ignore the ones marked "exclusive" (and no I won't link it to you, because it was already done in another thread and you can go look it up) and then choose what definition of Unique you want to use.

It is not your decision to make. It is Crytpic's. And it would be a bad one if they started giving everybody the exclusives others paid for.

Some people purchased several copies of the game for these items. It would be insulting to them.. just as it is insulting to the people who paid for the subscription in advance. We took a leap of faith in Cryptic to deliver a quality product. They will still make money from us on the C-store. It is not like we don't contribute any to their profit margin. In fact, i would say that lifers probably use less bandwidth, as we play more casually.. at a relaxed pace. They really don't lose out on us at all.

We are the only ones risking anything. And that faith was rewarded with Exclusive/Unique items.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
And here we go again. You are going in circles. There have been tons of posts addressing this issue with you. Both the terms Unique and Exclusive have been used to describe the MU uniforms. You ignore the ones marked "exclusive" (and no I won't link it to you, because it was already done in another thread and you can go look it up) and then choose what definition of Unique you want to use.

It is not your decision to make. It is Crytpic's. And it would be a bad one if they started giving everybody the exclusives others paid for.

Some people purchased several copies of the game for these items. It would be insulting to them.. just as it is insulting to the people who paid for the subscription in advance. We took a leap of faith in Cryptic to deliver a quality product. They will still make money from us on the C-store. It is not like we don't contribute any to their profit margin. In fact, i would say that lifers probably use less bandwidth, as we play more casually.. at a relaxed pace. They really don't lose out on us at all.

We are the only ones risking anything. And that faith was rewarded with Exclusive/Unique items.
and they made money from me recruiting 5 people so i can get the new shiny soon to be proud owner of the GALAXY_X
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Bohoo? Not fair?
I suppose you think its unfair that the car stores sometimes have special deals on cars with freebies and would demand the retailer to give you the same deal and freebie months after it was over?

Or maybe i should go to my PC store and demand a copy of Far Cry 2 with my graphics card since they had that offer when my card was cheaper?

Your not "entitled" to anything except the Lifetime Subscription itself.
I have entitlements........I have the GI bill for college, went to cash it, and I was told he was not going to cash my "Entitlement check" because I was not "Entitled" to anything, and as a vet that really P.Oed me.....guess I was whining........

I earned that entitlement for being honorably discharged

Probablly had a "Support our Troops" bumper sicker too..........I still got my money and graduated college, and I got a good paying job.......Sure as heck felt that busted my butt and worked for it.....
Closed Thread