Lt. Commander
# 1 suggestion for loading screens
05-22-2010, 05:10 AM
It would help the game atmosphere is the loading screens for entering a sector were related to the sector you were entering. The way it is right now feels funky, like a greatest hists collection of in game screenshots. A good solution would be screen shots of the particular enemy that is encountered the most in the sector you are entering, maybe with some iconic empire graphics like the Romulan government logo or the Klingon tri-tiped symbol. One loading screen for one sector, maybe a handful of rotating screens for away missions, One for each major base. let me see....

12 sectors
7 major hubs
1-5 for away missions
1(for all) or 14(each their own) for entering exploration sectors

for a total of 21 to 38 loading screens to glue the fractured alpha/beta quadrant into a more coherent whole. It wont fix sector space, but it will make it feel like a smoother transition.

Any other ideas (besides a revamp of Sector space, which I acknowledge is not a short term priority or small undertaking)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Fact- Delete stuff

Fact- Take sector space and put the whole thing on the view screen on ur bridge

Fact- Make traveling like when your around a planet and use light buoys for guidlines instead of a grid

Fact- Have bridge officers as silohouttes like in mystery science theater 3000 -in front of the sector map

the evidence is clear- less may not be more- however- less is sometimes preferable
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2010, 06:38 AM
ok some of that may be an improvment, or maybe not, but it doesnt really address loading screens, right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Fact- your right- it addressed the last question

Fact- I like the loading screen idea- creative and immersive and would give the art guys/gals
(who are really good whomever is in charge of the overall color balance etc) some more to do

Fact- as a matter of fact, at its best it could be like comic book cover art, or a game box cover art which tend to be better (time) in overall quality then the actual content

Fact- seems like an easy thing to do mechanics wise- load screen- pic- romulan or borg or whatever zone

the evidence is clear- options unlimited
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2010, 07:02 AM
I have a suggestion for loading screens: Fix them so they do not hang and force you to restart the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 07:18 AM
lol

how about instead of the white bar going across and a "loading" message

they have your ship streaking across a salvador dali or hudson river school lighted up landscapes in space like far vistas

and instead of "Loading" there is a lit up planet or a comet or something

given the mechanics of how stuff works you would think that they would learn to lie better

instead of invisible walls just make it look like your moving and a message comes up like when your around a planet-

when it locks or slows down have a message that says "time displacement thing has appeared" or something
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2010, 12:23 PM
I have a suggestion for loading screens: Fix them so they do not hang and force you to restart the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefra View Post
Having a log out button would be nice on the loading screen.