Lt. Commander
# 1 Blue Cloak?
05-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Okay, so it's been a couple weeks since I played my Klingon alts. When did they change Cloak to look like CO's crappy Sneak power?

Were there complaints about actually seeing an appropriate Cloak? Were there players who didn't know where their ship was because of it? Really, why was this change even considered, let alone released live?

I can't get a decent Cloak screen shot anymore. Sorry to say I hate the change. Hate it.

Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2010, 11:40 AM
they changed it with update 1.0, the reason for this is so the player/team can see they ships a bit better, it does not affect being detected at all
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
they changed it with update 1.0, the reason for this is so the player/team can see they ships a bit better, it does not affect being detected at all
Actually they were always intended to look like the current blue. it was a fix to a related system that fixed a display error with the cloaks.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...3&postcount=14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
btw... i tracked down why this wasn't in the patch notes - it turns out the fact that it feels "different" now is because there was a bug in a related system having to deal with Klingon color tinting. When that got fixed it turns out it corrected an issue with the cloaking FX.

After talking with the FX designer, he confirmed that the way it is now on Holodeck is how it was intended to be from the start.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I think the way it looks now is much better then before. Before, you could sometimes not tell which direction the ship was facing. At least now on most ships I can while cloaked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't mind it, though I can see why some people might. I didn't think it needed "fixed" however, the old way was fine too.