Lt. Commander
# 11
05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Warp 13 *chuckles*
Actually that just because the warp scale has been retconned a few times.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
Because the Galaxy X isn't a future ship, its just a future refitted Galaxy. And STO is both almost at that point in time and past the tech level needed to create it (Sovereign is more advanced than Galaxy X).

The Enterprise J is is still well into the future and way ahead of the tech level.

I think STO is well past when the Galaxy X was, isnt it? in all good things i thought he jumped 25 years in the future. STO is 30 years after Nemesis, which is several years past the end of TNG. (i may be wrong with these numbers but i think i'm right)
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautuin
I think STO is well past when the Galaxy X was, isnt it? in all good things i thought he jumped 25 years in the future. STO is 30 years after Nemesis, which is several years past the end of TNG. (i may be wrong with these numbers but i think i'm right)
Well the reason I didn't think it was is because in that episode Picard was a very old retired man and in STO he was an active ambassador to the Vulcan until recently when he just retired. But you could easily be right.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I know the date in which ill be getting myn. If my buddies had all sub'd on the same day which they didnt i would of gotton it on the 6th never the less ill be driven one on the 20th in June, thats when my last friend sub'd. Ill post pics unless someone manages to post before meh. Iam sure theyll be a few people with AGT Galaxies
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautuin
Chronology gives the date of All Good Things as 2395. So we're not -that- far past the date and we know that Riker is still an Admiral in STO and Beverley Crusher was given command of the Pasteur in 2385. So there's no reason to believe some Galaxy-class ships wouldn't have been updated to Galaxy-X specifications for whatever reason,
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
Well the reason I didn't think it was is because in that episode Picard was a very old retired man and in STO he was an active ambassador to the Vulcan until recently when he just retired. But you could easily be right.
You're missing something. If something is present in year X, and that is the first time it is shown, it does not mean that is the first year in which it appeared. It just means that year X is the earliest known canonical date, but it stands to reason that it would have existed prior to year X.

The show never said exactly WHEN Riker had the Enterprise modified like that. Just that he did after becoming an Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Heh I remeber having a fleet of those in birth of the federation and totally getting owned by a borg cube...
Lt. Commander
# 18 Intentional
05-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Isnt it coming within the 1.2 upfate, wich to my knowledge isnt out yet?
Was "Upfate" intentional or just a typo ???

Kinda fun typo though. You have fate in the update. Could very well be intentional.