Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
05-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
I don't see why we are discussing this still.

If you want anything you do not have that is restricted by "exclusive" all you have to do is call billing!

No need for petitions, or crying. Just wait, then call billing, then enjoy your in-game item!

I know I am waiting now, and when I call billing I will be sure to mention the Mirror Universe uniforms as well as the Galaxy X the Holo Tribble, the Borg Tribble, the Tenagra Badge, Red Matter, they are all up for grabs!

And all it takes, apparently, is a email/call to billing. Woo!
if this is actually true this is the saddest mmo ever
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
I'm a life timer since the start and have access to it, but I fully agree with you here. It's unfair and it should be changed. We already have enough advantages as first life timers as it is (not to mention a 60 dollar discount) and I think you should get this as well.

Now the good news is that I read somewhere that you can still get it by ticketing billing and requesting it.
Agreed as well - I'm a lifetimer since before launch - I have my Borg; I see no reason why you shouldn't get one too. It makes no sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
if this is actually true this is the saddest mmo ever
It is true, here is the OP's new Borg:
http://www.startrekonline.com/charac.../Mariel_Martog
http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...es/821571/view

EDIT (Afterthought)
I am confused why the OP just had to have a Borg, when under their new Borg bio (and only Borg listed) it says:

Quote:
(RP ... Not Borg, Not Human, Something Else)
All this fuss, and you didn't even want to play a Borg? Sheesh!

I will say thanks for showing us this back door, that was super awesome of you!
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Wow I am shocked and amazed......
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Wow I am shocked and amazed......
Well just remember who pieced 2 and 2 together, and did the footwork (not that there was much to do)

And don't be sad, after all like one posters avatar says "I want the new shiny" Well now you can have it, and quite easily!
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Operators are standing by to give you all the shineies you want from the sounds of it?
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Operators are standing by to give you all the shineies you want from the sounds of it?
I doubt it is that easy

More like, if you meet some of the requirements you get the prize.

OP has a LT membership, for instance.

To get the Borg Captain you needed 2 things

1) To order a LT membership
2) To order this membership early (limited time)

Since the OP hit the number one, they got the Borg when they contacted billing. Check page one, I want to say all they did was send a mail with the OP (re-worded slightly). 4 to 5 posts later, they had a new Borg.

(Technically not a shiny, since it does do something.)

The only ones I can see being upset at this, are the ones that want the items to be exclusive. I just want the items...I would have done it the advertised way, but this sounds way easier (since I already have over 5 referrals!) Still waiting on that cloak, no cloak no care.

EDIT (To clarify)
I pre-ordered the LT membership (or whatever they call it) IE I got the Borg the "legal" way, and in this instance cheaper way. I am glad I got it this way, because my Borg was cheaper than the OP's Borg :p
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't want a bunch of exclusives, but it does bother me that it was a prelaunch "exclusive" and they make one of the most sacred things available without making the the lesser things available/ unlockable, it sounds like its time to send an email to Cryptics legal department and ask if the inmates are running the asylum or what?
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
I don't want a bunch of exclusives, but it does bother me that it was a pre-launch "exclusive" and they make one of the most sacred things available without making the the lesser things available/ unlockable, it sounds like its time to send an email to Cryptic's legal department and ask if the inmates are running the asylum or what?
Like I say, "I have given up on this game, now I just play it."

Letters are nice and all, but they only work in the movies. (At least in my experience.)

Now about being bothered. If you knew this would happen down the line, would you not have gotten the Borg (Or whatever equal exclusive item)?

I know I still would want the Borg, it is my main character and tons of fun! Though I admit, I much prefer the customization of the "Alien" side (C'mon Crytic, just open up the Borg tech to "Aliens" then this whole mess can be averted.)

And that is what this has the potential of being, a really big mess. Especially if folks are going to bring words like "legal department" out.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-22-2010, 07:59 PM
And before talk of "only a small % of folks on the forums" you people seem to forget that those small folks also play the game with the large folks. And when those large folks start asking, in game, "How do I get a Borg?" how long before one of the small folks replies "Boy, do I have something to tell you!!!"

Of course that analogy applies to most everything that the excuse is pulled out on. Remember, the small percentage interacts and influences the large percent. This "balance" is going to provide quite a show, due to this issue. I mean, tons of heated positions on both sides. And this "turn of events" has changed the entire format of the discussion/problem/whatever you want to call it.
Closed Thread