# 2
05-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericona
from the skill trainer,
He says you can buy retraining tokens at the major spaceports
but by who and, what Spaceport
can someone help me
You know that skill trainer you were talking to? He'll sell you a token for 20,000 starfleet merits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 11:46 AM
20,000 is the max it can charge. thats if you are retraining all your skills at RA5. its much cheaper to retrain at lower ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 4 retraining tokens
05-23-2010, 11:53 AM

when i klik on speak with skill trainer i don't see buy retraining tokens or with starfleet merits
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe the text is misleading. You dont explicitly buy tokens (except from the C-Store, but lets not confuse the matter for now!).

You can pay for respecs either with respec tokens or with merit points. You get respec tokens when you level up, from the C-Store, or when Cryptic are fleeing generous. Otherwise you have to use up your merits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 12:06 PM
You wont, untill you actually start changing your skills. Its similar to the tailor interface. You wont see your bill till you are done with all your changes. At that point you can either cancel and walk away or purchase and commit to it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
You wont, untill you actually start changing your skills. Its similar to the tailor interface. You wont see your bill till you are done with all your changes. At that point you can either cancel and walk away or purchase and commit to it.
I was going to post that but the captain beat me to it. I hope that helps. If it's still a little confusing, you might try asking in zone chat while you're at spacedock. There's gonna be some helpful people around this weekend. It can be a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use the skill trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 8 retraining tokens
05-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank you for the help

i will buy some retraining tokens at the C-Store
and go to change skill points
not enough starfleet merits, not yet anyway
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericona
Thank you for the help

i will buy some retraining tokens at the C-Store
and go to change skill points
not enough starfleet merits, not yet anyway
Be aware that the cost in merits depends on your current rank. 20k merits is only for RA5 officers. I think at Lt Commander the cost is 3k. I assume it's cheaper for Lts, and I have no idea what it costs at commander or captain because I never bothered to check.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconical
Be aware that the cost in merits depends on your current rank. 20k merits is only for RA5 officers. I think at Lt Commander the cost is 3k. I assume it's cheaper for Lts, and I have no idea what it costs at commander or captain because I never bothered to check.
By the time you have 3k Merits at that level, odds are you've levelled up ... making the cost go up ... but granting you a free token simply for levelling.