Lt. Commander
When I first heard about the damage system on the death penalty my first thought was.... WOW awesome we get to see beatup ships flying around. But it did not happen Why? Cryptic already has some awesome damage graphics when a ship gets beatup. It heals fast "too fast" but still very neat.

My idea of a penalty/damage system would be. You get a penalty on your ship. It then shows damage that won't auto heal until you repair that penalty. How hard would that be? Seems like the programming is already there. Would it not be cool to see people that don't want to go back to base yet flying around in beatup ships On tv we seen this on both Voyager and Enterprise. Sometimes it just to hard to get back to base. In fact I have flew around with penalties. I don't suggest we do anything to people/penalties just the ship ones.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Very good idea. I don't know how many times I've warped out of PvP and my ship becomes a twisting, burning wreakage. Very cool effects.

I would even go further with your idea, and wish that during the course of a PvP match, our ships would slowly show more signs of damage after constant respawns. It would make the epic battles a little more realistic in an unrealistic encounter.

Its still a baby mmo with lots of great potential, lets keep the foundation entact. The icing comes after the cake cools.

/mm cake
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I like this idea, as you gain the dmg debuffs your ship looks worse and worse! luv it!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Flickering lights FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
im all for this one
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Persistent damage map on the ship that wont go away until you repair it?

Chat can dig it.
If anything it would make it more obvious you have one rather than just a lil debuff icon.

And perhaps tone down the current ones that make your ship look like a rust bucket. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I like this idea. A nice visual indicator for my ships damage.

heck you could even do some things with the injuries done to captains and boffs with different animations and damage skins.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Keep this alive maybe someone will notice! Really like I said above we are not talking about making new ship models. I am not a programmer but I know some little little things. It seems to me that everything is already in the game. Just some tweaking and we would have it. It would bring a little trek realism to the game. I like the battle damged interior as well. But that needs some graphic model changes. It would seem easy as well with time. But I know they have a lot they are doing. The exterior ship sounds a bit more easy and faster to do.

I just like to warp in damged as hell from a fleet action. Maybe the 5 ship mates come in from a victory beat the hell up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
I like this idea. A nice visual indicator for my ships damage.

heck you could even do some things with the injuries done to captains and boffs with different animations and damage skins.
hmm.... develop a limp perhaps
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-24-2010, 02:24 AM
everything that makes those Matchbox sized Spaceships look more real is appriciated, so:

/signed