Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Melee Options
04-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I come seeking answers...

I have been wondering recently what my options are when my enemy target is on top of me in ground combat. So far I've only seen the butt-ending option as melee attack. Are there more? Can my Fed character wield a dagger, or, let's say I start a Vulcan character, can I employ the nerve pinch? Anything new would be welcome as while bashing a Klingon or Romulan in the face with my gun is funny, it's not very effective...

(Any moderators out there feel free to redirect me to another thread if I missed someone else posting this already)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Well you can empty your other weapon slot and use your fists. And Vulcan's do have nerve pinch as a trait option but I don't know how that works. You can also use a bat'leth if you can get one but that's pretty much it on melee options for both sides...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't have a Vulcan captain and my BOs never use the nerve pinch. I can only guess it works like my Lethean's Rapture trait; you get an extra ability tray on your bar in ground mode. Rapture is technically a ranged skill, so the normal weapon range applies. I assume for a Vulcan, the Nerve Pinch will be similar with the range of other melee attacks (Tac kit Martial Arts-like).

However, I really hope we get more weapons and martial arts skills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2010, 01:56 AM
I've only got Mind Meld, but based on that I suppose it will be indeed another power added to your power tray. Mind Meld actually works at range, as odd as that is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2010, 02:13 AM
You can make a Klingon character and get him to buy you a bat'leth and mail it to you, if you want to have a melee weapon as secondary. They're pretty fun!

But yes we need more martial arts abilities. Cheesy fist fights FTW.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 04:34 AM
ol hand to hand is staple trek stuff tho

i use hand phazers and hand to hand for me and me landing party

hand to hand is optimal if you go after a combat engineer. but not sure about those giant gorn
Lt. Commander
# 7 Bat'leths At DS-9
05-24-2010, 06:48 AM
You can buy Bat'leth's at DS-9 up to Captain Level.

I am looking for where to get Admiral Level Bat'leths
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2010, 07:37 AM
My principal char, Saavik, has nerve pich and mind meld.... and I use it..... few of 10. If you had luck with uno of them the enemy fight at your side, and the another, stops for a few seconds... very few... and if you had luck... no try it front a klingon swordmaster if you no wish had a Bat'leth as "vital organ".

I think much about it, and when I "made" to Saavick i wish give to she the special skills for a vulcan. But with the time, maybe, (and when we can) change her trails to another more usefull in space. I think that are lost of trails.

And guys of criptic, please, give us any melee weapons no only the Bat'leths.... exist swords, knifes and a long list of weapons.... even the andorians.