Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2010, 03:29 AM
This annoys me to, I made some sacrifices to buy my lifetime at the time it was offered just to get the borg, so that's messed up. Though what's more confusing is where the person says "all the Pre-Order Bonuses are still available with purchase of the right copy of the game" which ones are they talking about, cause Amazon says they don't have it anymore <_< so who still does?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-24-2010, 03:36 AM
I want my Galaxy X now! Since the word exclusive seems to not matter at all to Cryptic. I am a customer therefore I qualify for the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
I want my Galaxy X now! Since the word exclusive seems to not matter at all to Cryptic. I am a customer therefore I qualify for the Galaxy X.
lol, good point, in that cause, I second that and add to it the holographic BO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Still no response to my mail. AND no response in the thread...

What's going on here DEVs? What are the other ways for getting the Borg Captain, since I have established that pre-ordering the LT is NOT the only way to get the LT Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
Sorry, but you're using false logic. You're assuming that the only legitimate method to obtain the Borg Captain is to have pre-ordered the LTS whereas Cryptic may have several unpublished legitimate methods.
Alright, if you are going to say I am using "false logic" you are going to need to show how it is false. Other than hearsay of "other methods to get the Captain". Really? Other methods? Name ONE.

Quote:
They might make an exception for an account that was preordered last year
Quote:
maybe participated in both closed or open betas, kept account active without interruption, and THEN purchased the LTS as soon as they could afford.
You see, my posts, they have proof behind them. Did you read the linked threads?

Quote:
This would not mean EVERYONE who asks would get it, but rather case-by-case.
Wow! What happened to:
Quote:
Sorry, but you're using false logic.
Guess it only applies to others...oh and others with proof not hearsay!

EDIT (To Teach)
Speaking of "false logic"
Quote:
The logical fallacy of denying the correlative is an attempt made at introducing alternatives where there are none. In a way, it is the opposite of the false dilemma, which is denying other alternatives.

For example:

Policeman: ".. either you stole the money or you didn't, which is it?". Suspect: "... you are assuming that the money really exists....". In the context of the question this is not a valid alternative[1]: regardless of the existence of the money, the suspect either stole it or didn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_correlative

Me: "Either Cryptic is giving these out or they aren't, which is it?" Poster: "you are assuming that there isn't a magic way to get the Borg." In the context of the question this is not a valid alternative: Regardless of the existence of "magic ways", Cryptic is either doing this or not. <--THEY ARE doing this

I want to know WHY, and how do I get my share?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwave0082 View Post
This annoys me to, I made some sacrifices to buy my lifetime at the time it was offered just to get the borg, so that's messed up. Though what's more confusing is where the person says "all the Pre-Order Bonuses are still available with purchase of the right copy of the game" which ones are they talking about, cause Amazon says they don't have it anymore <_< so who still does?
Amazon still has it regardless of them saying they don't. Go here: http://startrekonline.com/retail and click "Details" and tell me what it says. It says you get a Borg Bridge Officer. If you click "Buy" and purchase directly from Amazon you will get the Borg Bridge Officer. If for some reason you don't, contact Cryptic Billing Support and they will fix it.

The same goes for all the retailers listed on that page, if you order and don't get the stated reward, contact billing support.

For the record, I ordered a 2nd copy of the game from Amazon on April 29, 2010. The Borg Bridge Officer offer/logo was on the box's and manual's cover art and applying the retail code to my existing account unlocked the Borg BO without issue.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
It says you get a Borg Bridge Officer. If you click "Buy" and purchase directly from Amazon you will get the Borg Bridge Officer. If for some reason you don't, contact Cryptic Billing Support and they will fix it.
We are discussing the Borg Captain. OR Liberated Borg Human, that was advertised as a pre-order LT sub item only.

Sorry for the confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
We are discussing the Borg Captain. OR Liberated Borg Human, that was advertised as a pre-order LT sub item only.

Sorry for the confusion.
I know what you are discussing. I simply answered the persons question. I'm sorry that confused you.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I know what you are discussing. I simply answered the persons question. I'm sorry that confused you.
So you took my thread off topic, then throw a comment like that out? Care to point out on your site where it says how one can get the Liberated Borg Captain without pre-ordering a LT sub?

(Remember, you have to pre-order the sub BEFORE the game goes live.)

As for the Amazon and other offers, why buy them if there is a chance you can just "contact billing"? (Hence why I want the topic to stay ON, your information may be flawed. One may just have to "contact billing".)

Remember, any official answer I receive here will be checked through billing, as stated in the OP of this thread.

EDIT (To Update)
Heading out for the Disneyland! Hopefully there will be some answers when I get back. I hope this is just a case of folks "getting past" billing/support and there aren't really some "hidden ways" to get this (these) item(s).

Ignore the messenger, read the message.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
As for the Amazon and other offers, why buy them if there is a chance you can just "contact billing"? (Hence why I want the topic to stay ON, your information may be flawed. One may just have to "contact billing".)
Contacting Billing Support without proof of purchase will get you nowhere.

Quote:

(Remember, you have to pre-order the sub BEFORE the game goes live.)
According the original offer, you had to pre-order the game and buy the lifetime before Feb. 2 to get the Liberated Borg Captain. All the other offers were worded similar as well, pre-order from Amazon get a Borg Bridge Officer, pre-order from Wal-Mart start with 500 skill points, pre-order from Best Buy get a Rivera Tribble, etc., etc.

All the latter offers are still good and can be obtained by providing Billing Support proof of purchase should your retail key not outright unlock the special item. This being the case, why should the Liberated Borg Captain be treated any different? If calling Billing Support and providing proof of purchase at the appropriate retailer gets you the retailer's special item regardless of when you purchased the game then calling Billing Support and providing proof of purchase of your lifetime subscription should get you a Liberated Borg Captain. Cryptic cannot, or rather should not, ignore pre-order status in some cases and adhere to it in others. They need to be consistent. And since they've already gone down the path of ignoring pre-order status they should continue to do so until they put up a big announcement that after a certain date the perks will no longer be available.

Until then, contact them, provide your proof of purchase, and enjoy your perk.
Closed Thread