Lt. Commander
# 1 No more Caitians?
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I just saw that there will be no more Caitians???!! That would be very sad since I wanted Mress for Captain!
I always thought that the Caitians are the most underestimated species in Star Trek. Hey, you gave us Pakleds!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2010, 03:58 PM
They are not canceled. But put on hold for an update or two. Rumor is programmers have yet to solve the problems of hairballs and shedding.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2010, 05:09 PM
They were most likely pushed back AGAIN to June or July. Cryptic would be stupid not to completely can this race as so many people are looking forward to playing one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I too have been waiting for them to release them. I also have been waiting for them to release the Comet. Both were said to of been working on since late February. Both have have their priority usurped by countless other projects.

I would love to know why they are taking so long and how the progress is going.

Also, ow about when you unlock the Caitians, you also get the Kzinti free for the klingons? Just lock in different constraints and allow different colors and pasterns for the 2. I am a marketing genius.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
i hope they come soon i am runing out of things to do
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
what I heard is that the guy designing the Caitian model had to stop to help train some new people, he'll probably get back to it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
what I heard is that the guy designing the Caitian model had to stop to help train some new people, he'll probably get back to it soon.
Thank you for the info. I really hope I can play them soon - I saved a lot of Cryptic points.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Hehe.. female caitian in a miniskirt... That's gonna look funny.

Afaik they got pushed back yeah but they will be published.

I'm really looking forward to them as well!
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaQ View Post
I just saw that there will be no more Caitians???!! That would be very sad since I wanted Mress for Captain!
I always thought that the Caitians are the most underestimated species in Star Trek. Hey, you gave us Pakleds!!
They gave us Pakleds because I asked them to.

They took away the cat people because they understood the problems that would arise from the furry community.

They made the right call.

Both times.

Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They gave us Pakleds because I asked them to.

They took away the cat people because they understood the problems that would arise from the furry community.

They made the right call.

Both times.

what problems? It's not like they're all some kinda sexual deviants who run around in cat ears running around in latex suits and ears doing unmentionable things.

If people want to have cat-people, let them. I've seen a lot of Night Elves running around. I don't go out of my way to tell them to go back to WoW and call them noobs or what ever. Why would it be any different for furries? Because night elves are from a more main stream wester source and cat girls are from anime (which the borg collective that is main stream america as decided is all garbage all the time?).

That's their problem, not the people who want to play caitians. Besides, I'm sure that there are more than enough who want to play as them who aren't furries.

Do all people who want to play as 8472 have some freak 3 legged jive? Do all people who want to play as Pakleds have a thing for people with down syndrome? No, so leave the poor furries alone.

I understand I'll likely be labeled one for defending them, such is the nature of man I suppose. Compassion for those not your own isn't a common human trait.